19: The Heiress

Chapter 19: The Heiress

Athena's POV,

"You told me you won't hurt Athena!You promised!"

"Promises are meant to be broken. Haven't you heard that cliche?"

"Wag na wag mong sasaktan si Athena."

"Don't order me around. You're nothing compared to me, Kenzie. Now step aside peasant."

"Wag mong sasaktan si Athena!Utang na loob!Please!Ako nalang wag si Athena-"

Dahan dahan kong ibinukas ang mga mata ko at nakita ang sarili sa upuan habang nakatali ang mga kamay at paa rito.

I don't know if I'm just dizzy or what, but I know I heard his name. And for the other voice, I already recognized who is it.

"Aki..."nanggagalaiti kong saad.

She smiled while spreading her arms. "Hi Athena!Welcome to my humble abode!"

"Where's everyone?"

She shrugged. "Don't mind them. They're safe. But probably you aren't."then she smirked. I knew it. There's more to this girl other than being my "rival" at school.

"What do you want?"

"I know what you are. And I know that eventually you'll know what we are. So we decided to tell you already so that it won't be hard for you. I know its a kind thing because yeah, I'm that kind of girl,"is she crazy or something?She sounds like she's talking to someone and answering her.

"Go on and just spill."I slightly shook my hands trying to figure out a way while Aki is in sight. But damn, it was tight.

"Nope. We'll be changing information."she said grinning.

"I won't divulge any information about our-"

"Not on you being an agent. But you being Raizelle Athena Buenavista. Let's get to know each other, this time leaving no stones unturned."

Napatigil ako saka napaisip. I know how tricky Aki is. Maganda at mataas ang reputasyon niya sa school at hindi siya magiging ganun kung katulad lang siya ng ibang estudyante. She's seeing me as a threat. I know I shouldn't trust her but this is give and take. I'll lose something while gaining something.

Maybe I'll benefit from this but this also means I'll be dealing with the past.

Sheesh, bahala na.

"Okay. How?"

"Palitan tayo sa pagtatanong but then whatever the question is, we'll both answer it anyway."she walked slightly. "I'll start, what are you?"

"I am an A-class agent."

She smiled. "I'm the heiress of a known mafia."

Nagulat man, di ko ito ipinahalata. "What mafia is that?"

"Uh-huh. General questions only."

My nose flared trying to keep my anger. "What happened in your childhood?"

She's still smiling but I see a hint of sadness and anger in her eyes. I must've hit her soft spot. And I hit mine too, unfortunately.

"My childhood's better than yours anyway."she said flipping her hair. "Just kidding. I don't know what your past is, but pretty sure its terrible because I can see it in your-"

"Just start your goddamn story."I impatiently said which made her chuckle.

"My mom died when I was five. She was killed by the Yakuza who my dad first thought as our friends. She was assaulted and beaten to death. My dad got really angry but we need to cool down because they're strong than us before. So, pumunta kami rito para magpalipas at subukang ipakita sa lahat na nabubuhay kami ng normal when in fact we aren't. My dad's training hard, our underlings were training, and my dad trained me too. Para hindi maulit sa akin ang nangyari kay okaa-san. I don't like the trainings at first. I feel like the trainings slowly killing me, leaving me bleeding out or with bruises and contusions and all that every time we finished training. But you know what?Its all worth it. Because at least I can defend myself and my dad will be sure I could manage the mafia well once he retires.

But something unexpected happened. During one of the drug transactions, dad got caught and is in jail right now. Guess who brought him there? Professor Axel Clyde Villaruiz. He isn't the professor they all know because I already recognize his face the moment he stepped in. And then I saw you. I thought I'll get back to everything once I crush you down but I don't know that it'll be a challenge. But I love challenges, so I kept going. I wanted revenge kaya hindi ko itinuloy ang gawi ni otou-san. I wanted revenge to you and your whole agency. I also wanted my dad to get out of jail. But before all of that I'll be handling you first."

Nilabas niya ang isang pocket knife saka iwinasiwas sa harapan ko. Akala niya matatakot ako pero sorry, sanay na ako.

"Your turn, Athena."she said which made me sigh.

"Just like yours, my mom and dad was killed by Yakuza too. Ten years ago, our whole family was robbed and then our mom and dad died in our very eyes. I saw how she pleaded not to hurt us and thats... that's the first time I saw my dad cried and my mom begged. Then my parents' friend adopted us and since they're in the same job, we insisted on doing trainings. After years, we are allowed to investigate about my parents case and we discovered that it was intended and the robbery was just a cover up. That mafia wanted something from us that they haven't found in the house. Fortunately, we did. But I think they already found out since they're here already."

"I cant believe it. Parehas tayo na mafia ang kalaban? Don't tell me theyre the Hisoi Yakuzas because I swear-"

"How'd you know?"I asked and my eyes widened. Not only mine, but also Aki's.

"This is insane."she laughed weirdly. As if hindi siya makapaniwala sa nangyayari. Ako rin actually, hindi makapaniwala.

"All this time we've been fighting each other when in fact we...only have one enemy."she said and I shook my head while grinning. What a coincidence.

"Fuck."

------