𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔: 𝐈 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐉𝐞𝐝𝐢.

Start from the beginning

His spirit just wouldn't break.

I huffed in frustration and returned to my spot, getting annoyed at Anakin's triumphant grin.

—Move aside, kids. —Obi-Wan spoke as he approached the Cerean. He stood in front of his despaired face. —To beat a Jedi you must think like one. —He whispered and kneeled in front of him, putting his hand on his forehead.

Obi-Wan's eyes sparked with a yellow glow as the Jedi squirmed under him, begging him to stop.

"Obi-Wan, please! This is not you! Stop! Stop!"

That only incentivated him more to keep going and going, pressing harder against his skull to explore the insides of his mind. At one moment, almost imperceptibly, Obi-Wan's fury exploded, pushing him to torture the man mercilessly. Obi-Wan just kept pushing, ignoring Ki's cries in agony, his face contorting in pain.

—I know it. —Obi-Wan murmured through his tense jaw. —I know how to break him.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◈◇◆◇◆◇◆

So here we were.

About to leave for a mission to an unknown location, courtesy of Obi-Wan.

Apparently it was a short mission, just taking a couple of troopers with us in the shuttle. Given that it was Obi-Wan's vision, Qui-Gon gave this assignment to him, and yet we were still waiting for further instructions. The good thing was that it was a team mission, due to the level of confidentiality of the matter, so the four of us would be going together; something we have never done before. I was excited, it felt like a family trip.

Because the location was unknown to me I picked my favorite suit (your choice!) and packed all of the things I may need. Noticing that I had some time to spare before leaving, I thought it would be... nice to pay Anakin a visit. When I didn't find him in his room, I knew there was only another place he could be.

Giving my best to go unnoticed, I used a new trick I learned and masked my force signature so Anakin wouldn't know I was walking behind him. He was sitting on a stool, the continuous movement of his shoulder letting me know that he was working on something on his desk. This was the room he would come to work on Ki's entrapments. I still wasn't sure what he was doing but this seemed just as great as any time to find out.

His focus forced his tongue to come out, it hung unconsciously from his bottom lip as his eyebrows furrowed at the wires' sparks. His fingers worked swiftly through the mechanical device, not a single thing out of place, contrary to his surroundings which were a complete mess.

—Working hard, Skywalker? —My presence caught him off guard, his flesh hand a victim of the heat of the welder.

—What are you doing here? —He asked, returning to his previous task.

—Just checking on you. It's almost time to leave. —I said, approaching him. The little gadgets were splashed all above the wooden table. I took a tiny metal panel on my fingers to play with it, not sure of the objective of such a thing. —Have you figured out how to keep him restrained?

—Yes...—He answered, still looking at his creation. Anakin was picking some wires apart with some tweezers, a little bead of sweat dripping from his forehead. Seconds after, he finished off adjusting something and finally directed his face to me. —Yes, I have. —He smiled widely with a beautiful glimmer in his eyes, the excitement of his invention making his face glow. It was absolutely adorable.

—And what are you doing here, big guy? —My elbow rested on the surface, my hand supporting my chin, allowing me to be closer to him.

He then proceeded to explain to me what he was doing: he built force-restrained handcuffs, to keep him tied up to the wall with no possibilities to use his abilities and try to break himself free. He also told me that they had a catch I would later find out. But he did specify that he thought of it when Qui-Gon showed him the cell prototype.