Chapter 42

Avice crouched along the tree line, her white fur camouflaging her from the other predators.

She lifted her nose to the air. The smell of blood, fur, and sex was clouding the scents she was trying to track.

Stifling a sneeze, Avice lowered till her belly just barely touched the snow and crept forward.

She had not abandoned Grayson. Although, she was incredibly angry with the prideful narcissistic bastard.

After she slithered away from Grayson, she decided to fly hard and fast to Alice's home. Her intuition told her that she was going to need certain items.

Flying to the house that she discovered was a pile of ruins was easy. Returning with the magic filled snuff jars, clutching them with her talons, was difficult to say the least.

When she arrived, Avice wept. She wept for the home she knew. She wept for Alice whose body was now a pile of ashes mixed in with her house. She wept because she will never come back to that place again.

She wept for the path that she was following now.

Once she had cried her last tears, she flew back to the snow-covered field, watching the dark clouds roll in with the promise of snow and lightning to follow.

Now there she was, in her white fox form and the vials in her mouth, trying to figure out what happened to her group.

She followed the tracks until she saw the group of Lycans. They were circled around something, dancing, shifting, and fucking to the beat of a drum.

She rolled her eyes at the Lycan's ritual. It was barbaric, an excuse to let their animal instincts take over and not feel guilty if anything tragic happens.

Avice slinked closer, the drummer nearest her. She was worried that he could sense her, but he was too into his beats to notice the little white fox.

Familiar smells wafted into her nose when the wind blew across her face.

Her ears perked up at the sound of a voice she heard not too long ago.

Within seconds of the voice, the drum and the Lycans stopped. They were all standing still, watching someone.

Avice crept closer, merely a few inches away from the drummer now.

A naked human female was standing in Avice's line of sight, but she could see Grayson, Phoebe, and Noel.

Grayson and Phoebe were detained, while Noel was naked and entangled in a group of Lycans.

Avice fought the urge to vomit at the sight.

Taking deep breaths through her snout, she turned her attention back to the mystery person.

He was tall. And he was in a suit with perfectly combed hair.

Avice's eyes widened when he turned away from Grayson.

Blood rushed to her ears, making the conversation difficult to hear. Anger clouded her sight except for the man. Her breathing quickened, causing puffs of air to escape her mouth.

It was him.

It was the man who shot Alice.

Avice's lips pulled back in a silent snarl. She wanted to kill him. She wanted to feel her teeth clamp down on his carotid artery, gulp down the blood that would pour from it.

She wanted to watch the life leave his eyes like they left Alice's.

Avice was about to step forward to attack, when he nodded at the Lycan holding Phoebe.