Chapter 35

An: I really wanna rewrite this story.

Tw: Swearing, Injury, Kidnapping, Manipulation

[Third person POV]

Wind riddled through the trees and vines that coated the gaping whole where salvation once laid.

A country to beautiful, corrupted by its creators and then cradled in earths beauty.

Eden wishes they could've seen it before. Before the war, before the democracy, but mainly before the explosions.

Many had paid the price for a persons selfishness. Was it really selfishness however? Is the creator not entitled to the expiration date of a piece?

It wasn't Eden's place to say.

All the poor child could do was gaze over the crater, letting their mind wander from sky to bedrock.

"Eden."

The sudden voice triggered a flight or fight reaction in the young one, unfortunately they choose fight.

Shooting a arrow directly at the head of their pursuer.

Having shot at their mentor, he quickly avoided the shot, the tip of the arrow leaving a small cut in his mask.

"Woah, good shot kiddo."

Their muscles relaxed, putting their weapon away. "Oh, Dream. Sorry."

"You're fine, I'm just glad my lessons are showing through."

A few months had passed. Dream had been subsiding in the walls of the L'manburg crater. Eden had asked for Dream to train them, he'd taken them up on the basics but they had a very long way to go.

"Have you seen anyone recently?"

"Nope. Entirely barren, just like every other day."

One thing Eden had noticed immediately about the SMP was the lack of people. It was like everyone had just packed up and left, without a word.

"Are we staying here? I don't see the point if it's become a ghost town."

"Do you want to stay here? I'd imagine you and Shroud are too young to move to the server cities."

"Didn't you grow up in Hypixel?"

"Ah the old PVP capital. Not by choice, I was on my own and competed in the tournaments for money. I got extremely lucky, most kids around my age had been stolen to back end cities and forced into tournaments for their lives."

"Oh-"

"You're safer with me, I'll keep you and Shroud safe, fed, heathy, and cared for."

"I know, thank you."

"Of course Ed, I'd hate for you to end up all alone."

~~~

Eden had been taking Shroud on walks recently, at daybreak the two would wake up early and venture through the vegetation of the barren country. Shroud kept little keep sakes, things they already had along with whatever caught his eyes with any particular significance.

Dream made frames and displays for his little findings, old books, a half tattered L'manburg flag, flowers, gold pieces of jewelry or coins, etc.

In the afternoons Shroud was either sleeping, studying something (mainly learning how to read and write proper English), or shifting through his collections.

This was all while Eden was training. The way Dream trained them was very different to the training they'd endured with Techno.

Dream coached from sidelines, hardly doing 1v1's mainly just stances, form, and practice. It was meticulous but they went with it.