Chapter 12

An: IM BACK!!!!! I'm so sorry for not updating for a while BUT IM BACK NOW! Expect a lot of chapters this week. Anyways ENJOY!!!!

Tw: mentions of blood, physical exertion, and light gore (not really just a detailed injury)

[Eden POV]

When I awoke the next morning Friend was gone, the entrance was still shut and I checked Pogtopia around 6 times but they'd seemingly disappeared, almost like they'd never been there in the first place.

Wilbur's old coat was still there though, it was way to big for me. I tried putting it on only for half of the coat to drag on the floor behind me. I ended up just stuffing it in my bag before leaving Pogtopia, checking for Friend one last time, but to no avail.

I noticed it had stopped raining as I placed the dirt back over the caves entrance. The trees made a decent canopy over the forest so I gladly wouldn't have to worry about slipping on the wet forest floor.

After what felt like hours of walking I reached a plains, which led to another forest, which led to a snow biome.

It must've been nearly sunset from where the sun was when I started to cry. I didn't notice for a while, until my face felt much colder than before, the tears being nearly frozen as the streamed down my face.

Once I noticed the tears I noticed everything at once, the ache in my legs, the stinging of the cuts on my hands, the numbness and overall low temperature of my body.

Why did I leave?

Why didn't I stay at the house?

Why didn't Tommy come home?

Where is Tommy?

Where am I?

My legs gave out by a tree, I curled myself up to that tree and cried. I wanted to go home. I tried to wipe the tears from my face as they fell, blood getting on my face, the tears only stopping when a noise caught me off guard.

A soft thud.

One that sounded of something landing on the ground.

I wiped my tears again, sniffing as I slowly walked twords the noise, legs still shaky and in pain.

I managed to get behind another tree and peak out at what I'd heard.

Where I'd heard the noise was a man.

A blond man with large black wings, wearing a green and white bucket hat along with a dark green kimono.

The wings slightly caught me off gaurd, there was only one person I was ever told had wings on the server.

The man held one of his hands at the enchanted netherite sword that stayed at his hip, the other to his side as he scouted the area.

I was so focused on trying to identify the man that I didn't hide before he saw me.

Once we made eye contact I panicked, turning around and running, getting far enough away from him that he couldn't see me.

I hid behind a tree and a bush holding my hands over my mouth.

My legs we're completely numbed from the pain, my blood stained hands now dirtying my face.

[Third-person POV]

The winged man, also known as Philza, slowly made his way towards the child, the snowy footprints and blood trail allowing him to find them easily.

Once he was close enough to them he crouched down, attempting to make himself seem less threatening.

The child recoiled from his figure, obviously scared and confused.

"Hey mate, it's alright, I'm not gonna hurt you."

Phil held his hands up by his head, showing he had no weapons on hand as an act of reassurance.

Eden paused their movement, keeping their guard up, trying to see if Phil was a wrongin'.

Tommy had only ever mentioned Philza and Techno briefly while explaining the war of November 16th. Eden knew Phil was Wilbur's dad, and that Phil and Techno were allies, but they'd never had any information on them as individual people.

Phil held out his hand to them, waiting patiently to see if they'd take it.

Eden examined Phil yet again, the singular heart symbol, the hat, the wings.

Now less tense, Eden took Phil's hand, still hesitating.

Phil smiled at the small child, turning their hands in his own so he could examine the bloody scrapes that stretched across their palms.

His smile faltered as he saw just how badly Eden's hands we're damaged. An exceptional amount of cuts and scrapes, dried and fresh blood covering their hands, accompanied by bits of snow and ice caught in the wounds.

Phil reached into a bag at his side, Eden flinching slightly thinking he was reaching for a weapon of some sorts. "It's alright, it's okay, see?" Phil slowly grabbed hold of the bandages in his bag, allowing Eden to see them before he carefully wrapped them around their hand.

The blood almost immediately started seeping into the wrappings, they wouldn't do all that good for long.

"P-Phil-?" Eden spoke after a long look at their hands, head tilted to the side slightly, more asking if it was Phil than actually calling his name.

Philza's expression became one of slight surprise.

"You know who I am?" Phil had a lot of questions for the newly found child but decided against asking them all at once.

A slight nod of acknowledgement was the only response he got from the child. Humming in response while deep in thought Phil began to space out, the faint sound of crows wandering in the air.

Still very confused he focused back on Eden's hands.
"Well those bandages won't hold for long, if you come with me I can fix them up properly. Is that alright?"

Another nod, a good enough response for Phil. He held his arms out to pick up the child, Eden returning the gesture and allowing him to pick them up being another sign of agreement.

He flew lower off to the ground than he normally would on the journey, not wishing to scare the already scared child.

However in his arms, the previous adrenaline that kept Eden awake and moving drained down to nothing, forcing them into a deep and much needed slumber.