Chapter 30

An: Holy crap we're on Chapter 30. This book has come a very long way from when I started, for that, I thank everyone who reads my story. Even if you skip over this to get to the actual storyline, you're all good, I do it too.

Seriously, from the bottom of my heart I am very grateful for all the attention the book has been getting as of late.
(Even though I'm really bad at updates most of the time)

And now contradicting all my thanks, I wanna mention something that I was asked via DM.

I have friends whom I send chapters to early, to look over and get opinions on for me. One of which asked me how different the story would be if Eden had been involved in the SMP from the beginning, L'manburg and all.

Eden would've most likely died before November 16th, they'd be a real easy target in war. At the very least they'd have had some form of injury that resulted in loss of their eyesight, hearing, or both.

I don't plan on writing anything for this idea, unless you all want me too, though I might write it on my own to practice angst. Up to you though if you wish to see it. I am not responsible for your tears if you consent to crying. /hj

Sadness and thanks aside, enjoy the chapter.

~~~~

Tw: Past Injuries, Past Trauma

[Third-Person POV]

The house was practically silent. The sun had long since raised, peering through the windows.

Most days, the three would've already been up and awake. More say two, Shroud was still trying to adjust, since he's nocturnal.

Tommy and Eden had been awake, they both decided not to get up.

Eden had awoken first, shifting closer to Tommy. Shroud fast asleep between them.

Did Eden have their own room? Yes. Did they also share it with Shroud? Also yes.

Due to the freak out Eden had the previous day, they'd refused to let Tommy out of their sight.

All the memories of when they'd lost him returned. The anxiety of his death didn't fully go away, and it definitely wouldn't now.

Tommy had awoken after, noticing Shroud curled up to him as close as he could be, along with a very awake and shaken up Eden.

He'd only moved his arm, pulling Eden closer to him. Without any words, they'd wrapped their arms around the two, moving their hands a little, making sure they were still actually there.

Eden never was given proper time to ever grieve Tommy's death. They didn't have to, after all Tommy is alive now.

However during that time they'd ignored all their emotions, forcing themselves to physical exertion so bad Phil had to force them to stop.

Phil had helped them a lot, as did Techno.

They would've died on their own. They know that, though it's not often they'd thought about it.

But now they were.

They were thinking about everything.

Mom.
Tommy.
Niki.
Eret.
Sam.
Puffy.
Tubbo.
Ranboo.
Phil.
Techno.
Fundy.
Quackity.

Wilbur.

They had to run from their own father. Only prime knows what could've happened if Quackity didn't help them. Was Wilbur mad at them? They didn't know, but they were to scared to find out.

Tommy was the only place they felt safe.

If Tommy was there, nothing could hurt them. Not anything. Not anyone. Nothing.

They would be okay.

As long as they stayed with Tommy.

~~~~

"Eden, pass me that please."

A day had passed. Tommy was making breakfast, Eden was helping, and Shroud was sitting on the counter watching.

No one had left the house.

The doors were shut, locked, and disregarded.

"Is that it?"

"Yup!"

~~~~

Another day.

Eden was taking off the bandages around their arms.

The cut from the well.
The arrow wound.
The cuts on their hands.

All had scarred, or definitely would.

Tommy insisted Eden let him treat them, having his own fair share of scars.

Tommy walked back in the room with the medical supplies. Dirty red sweater sleeves rolled up and his blond hair tied back in a ponytail, the white streak hanging in front of his face.

They all needed a haircut soon.

Tommy gently took Eden's injured arms and examined them on his own. His finger traced the line of the one down their arm.

"This one is healed. It'll scar but within a few weeks it'll be much smaller."

Eden nodded.
He held up their palm in his hands.

"These scars are almost gone, though you should take it easy with your hands for a bit."

Nodding again.

And now for the difficult one.

Slowly raising Eden's arm to about half the way it would usually go, Tommy examined their shoulder. Eden braced themselves for any pain coming with moving the arm.

"This is still healing. I'll put the raps back on for a few more days and we'll see if it improves, okay?"

"Okay."

Tommy wrapped their shoulder, limiting the moment of it to stop the wound from reopening. He helped them put their blue sweater on over their black shirt.

It was the same color as Friend's wool. They liked that.

Shroud crawled his way into the room, climbing up on their bed next to Eden and laying their head in their lap.

Tommy chucked at their antics.

[Tommy POV]

We we're gonna leave the house today.

I'd already messaged Ranboo about us missing dinner with them for the past two days, but I refused to make Michael sad anymore than he most likely already was.

I worried for Eden though.

They loved Michael obviously. I just didn't know how okay they were with leaving the house right now.

I still couldn't find out what happened before I found them at home but I couldn't subject them to that again.

Their injuries just started to heal properly. If they go out again it could hurt them more.

I'd just have to be better at protecting them.
That's my job right? I'm their guardian, so I have to protect them.

I have to protect them.

I gotta do a better job.

"You two get some rest, I'll come get you before we go alright?"

I stood, taking my box of medical supplies into the hall with me.

Setting it down on the outside table, I released a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"I'm their protector. It's my job to make sure they're safe."

How?

"...though it not like I have great examples."