Chapter 39 [ Declan troy ]

Start from the beginning

"Come." I say putting my hands out for her to come into, her eyes look absolutely wrecked, the bags that have formed and the puffy redness that has collected under her eyes make my heart sore.

i cant help but feel somewhat guilty, if i didnt force her to come back with me she wouldn't have to face this at all, she would be home, safe, probably with some other guy.

Maybe safer in his arms, not having to constantly worry about the crap that goes on in my life. She puts her forehead into the nook of my neck and stretches over to rest in my arms..

"Can you just say a prayer or something?.. i dont even know what i want at this point but that may be the best thing." Her voice is faint and i can see her eyes are closed but a tear drops down her cheek.

I rubbed her scalp before sucking back my own bunch of tears, i cant look weak especially since she needs me right now.

"Father God... we come together, asking for nothing but peace. Please... *cough* please give pastor troy some type of safety, this cannot be the end for him. We trust you, please dont let us down father."

I say in a dim voice as i let my head fall onto aaliyah's.. I heard her sniffle as her hand rubbed on my own, her silent thank you.

We stayed like that for a few peaceful yet stressed moments, neither of us knowing if we should make the first move.

I finally shifted from her and took one deep breath before looking over at her. She looks wrecked with sadness, i use my index fingers to lift up her chin before i planted a gentle intimate kiss on her lips, hoping it would give her some type of relief. When i pull back and see her peaceful expression it's obvious that was achieved. Thank God.

"I love you." She says plainly

"You are my life. I love you too." I reply while kissing the back of her hands

"Are you gonna be alright?" I ask looking at her, why did you even think it was okay to bring her here with you maleek?

I know why damnit its because i needed the support, a shameful thing to admit as a man. She wiped her eyes once and looked at herself in the car mirror, her face turned to me with a forced grin before she finally replied..

"Im gonna be alright... You?" Her head tilted slightly,

"Dont worry bout me, baby..." I utter before opening the car door and stepping out. I go to her side and open the car door for her.

she takes some weak steps out before grabbing a hold of my hand, and squeezing it tight like she needs me for security and i will be there to give it to her

if its the last thing i do.

*

We take some steps into the large hospital and are shoved out of the way by a rush of doctors nurses and people in the ambulance trying to get by with a wheely bed occupied by a dying person, the breeze of their soon to be gone body came over us as they all ran in front of us, it was like something was foreshadowing,

i shoudn't be scared right now but.. This man was like my father, he took care of me when nobody else could, he is the reason i know God. He truly gave me a life, if i find out he is gone and there is nothing i could have done to prevent this sh*t!..

I take a breath out to calm myself down, im sorry God.. I walked calmly over to the receptions desk and forced any type of voice to speak

"We are here for Declan Troy, he was one of the victims of the recent church shooting?" I said while dropping a hand on to the reception counter, the receptionist lifted her face at me first then her eyes followed as she chewed down on her pen and looked at me,