Chapter 19 [Let the games begin..]

Exodus 14:14
The Lord will fight for you, and you only have to be silent.

Aaliyah
————————-
Word Count: 1670

Its been 2 days since everything happened with maleek... looking back at everything that happened between me and maleek i feel like i did over react and the worst part is i dont even know why i acted the way i did, the argument came out of nowhere but the questions and the way he handled it just proved my point.

Its biblical? what i worked so hard for the things i have, the titles i have retained and the company i got and he just expects me to up and leave because "its biblical"? I roll my eyes and go back to the pages of work in front of me.

"Did you see these figures lately?" I ask confused while flicking through pages of numbers.

"Yeah.. i didnt know how to bring it up to you the other day but they are getting scarier by the day." One of my workers say while sitting nervously at the table around me.

These meetings are getting harder by the day.

"Well? whats the problem? the company was up last month especially after the collab with the davis gym there was over a 65% profit from that, so where did we go wrong?" I question revising the slides showing last months figures compared to this months figures. This isn't good. if this was my father the company's profits would be steady but with me the company has just plummeted.

"About that collab.." another one of the workers say,

"what?"

"There was a great profit however it was mainly in favor of the Davis gym."

WHAT!

"What!" I bellow causing all of the workers sitting at the meeting desk around me to flinch, i know they probably didn't think i had it in me but my company is on the line.

"Well statistics are showing that customers found more favour in the davis gym than the Johnson brand." No freaking way...

"Why? we both sell athletic products and sporting goods at a large scale the only difference is he has gyms too, so why do people prefer him?" I bark.

"We contacted the head of finances to see where the money is going and there was a clear area at fault." One of the workers said nervously

"Well are you just gonna keep dancing around the point or are you going to tell me what it is?"

"Its the cafe... and the church." He states. Great... just great.. this cant be happening, these were just a few of the things that were going to finally be called mine! this company has been known as my fathers forever, no matter how much work i have done for it people never consider it as mine.

The cafe and the church would have been my work inspired by God but now i cant even have that?. I rub my temples trying not to crack under the pressure my father never would have cracked.

"How much are they taking from the company.." I ask in a gentle voice.

"Over $500,00" Uh oh.

"Is that all to discuss?" I state keeping my cool but dying inside

"The davis gym is our biggest competitor right now, they have such a big advantage over us. They have fresh new ideas and one of the main things is the boss. Maleek Davis is extremely hands on in the company, he helps out and gets down and dirty and takes action in his company." Typical maleek.

"He gained something that cant be bought by the community.."

" which is?"

"Respect. He has the respect of the higher up's including your father and in return they give him shoutouts and more exposure."