3. Coping Mechanisms

"I don't think Kihyun is completely evil

"I don't think Kihyun is completely evil."

"Yeah, he mustn't be the spawn of satan but a zombie because he's clearly infected your brain and fried your ability to think straight."

Sehyuk chortles, his hands flapping like a baby sparrow taking its first flight. "No, hear me out."

"Please do shed light on the matter so as to enlighten me with your valuable data collection on the guy that's been pummeling you to a mush."

"Urgh!" Sehyuk groans, fingers coming up to pinch the bridge of his nose. "Can you not be sarcastic for a moment?"

"No, Min Sehyuk, I cannot! Because you're killing my brain cells with your words, one by one." Jaemin sasses, shaking his head and folding his arms over his chest. He adjusts the books in his grip, taking a peek at his watch to check the time. It's been two months since he's befriended Sehyuk and the boy still hasn't let go of his strange inclination toward Kang Kihyun.

"Alright, back to the subject," the blond raises his palm, stopping his friend from speaking further. "What I mean is, Kihyun doesn't bully me every day, he gives breaks in between."

"And that proves he's supposed to be an angel, how?"

Sehyuk scrunches his nose. Only if Jaemin wasted so much of his mouth in something useful other than dissing him. "I never said that. But he's giving me time to recover, sometimes when he hits too hard, there's a longer interval until the next time he finds me. He may not be doing this willingly."

Jaemin stares at the younger, dead in the eyes. "You're ridiculous." He dramatically sighs, pausing outside his Financial Analytics class. "We will continue this later," he pointedly wiggles his finger in front of Sehyuk's face. "And I hope by that time you don't think it's okay to be bullied just because something is going on with Kihyun."

Sehyuk stretches his lips into a thin line and bids the shorter boy farewell, proceeding to his Basics of Psychology class. The decision to pursue psychology was on a whim. He had come to Seoul with his mind set on taking a business-related field but when he saw the options on the registration paper, his eyes zeroed on psychology and a sudden want to learn it grew in him. He chose it as his major and for his minor, he selected the business studies he initially wanted.

"Today we will be going through different types of coping mechanisms," the professor announces as Sehyuk settles into his seat, throwing a smile at the girl beside him.

"There are several ways one manages their difficult emotions. It could be done in a healthy manner or negatively." The woman tightens her ponytail as he walks closer to the students. The classroom has about ten rows with six tables in each. Class is wooden desks with chairs, a projector, and a cupboard to store any class materials. "What do you do when you've to deal with a stressful or painful situation?" She points at a random student.

"I cry," the student simply answers with a shrug, earning a few chuckles.

"Okay, and you, Yumi?"

"I do boxing."

Bully Me ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara