33. Chapter End

"You're such a liar, Kang Kihyun

"You're such a liar, Kang Kihyun." Sehyuk grouses, changing the channel and poking his chopsticks in his instant ramen cup.

One.

Kihyun had said he'd stay over at his brother's place for a week but it's already been two.

It's not like he misses his presence, but the breakfasts he had been eating daily. But then again, he is happy for the older. He finally found back his real family, someone who loves Kihyun despite everything that transpired between them. Spending quality time with his brother may give the boy the healing that Sehyuk couldn't provide him. After all, blood relations do have an innate connection that enables a warmth like no other.

After being so significant in Kihyun's life in the past year, Sehyuk does feel a little dejected at his absence now.

Sehyuk's ringtone blasts through his mobile phone, making the boy jump in surprise, his mouth opening at the caller ID displayed on the screen. 'Bocchan', it reads. Kang Kihyun must have a sixth sense to call at this very moment.

The blond picks up the phone and answers the call after a pause.

"Hey, Sehyuk. How have you been?"

"Great!" Sehyuk squeaks, putting away his chopsticks. "Having the house to myself and doing what I want."

"Oh...okay." Kihyun lingers for a second before he clears his throat and speaks again. "My brother is hosting a party for his friends and colleagues, so I wanted to invite you too."

Sehyuk senses the change in the boy's tone, mentally slapping himself for acting like a douche just because he was embarrassed. "Of course, I'd like to come and meet him. Thanks." He drinks in his pride and chokes. "Also, it's quite boring here without you. When are you coming back?"

"But I thought—"

"I was kidding, obviously. I know you have your brother and even your mansion to yourself now but you can stay with me at least until university ends or you really figure out what you want to do."

"You...mean it?"

Sehyuk coughs, a pink hue staining his ears. "I do."

The older boy chuckles, his tone lighting up. "That was such a munchkin Sehyukkie move."

"Shut up!" The boy cries, dropping his head on the sofa headrest. "Can you let that go already! It's embarrassing enough that my parents call me that, I don't need another addition to it."