🍨Prologue🍨

I had been hanging out with Mari and Hero one day and Mari asked if I could wish for anything what would it be? I answered saying, " I would wish to be able to not be so vulnerable in front of my parents, and then they might stop fighting about stupid things that were pointless of fighting over. But I would also wish for my mother to care about me and take care of me like she did when I was young..." Mari smiled at me and asked, "What if that dream could come true?" I didn't truly know what to say to that so I stayed silent. A small creature that looked like a cat but it had three tails lept through the window and looked at me and then to my surprise it spoke. "Hello there Aubrey Johnson my name is Kilby. I heard you have something to wish for and if you want I could grant it for you if you so wish." I looked at Mari and Hero and they looked at each other then back at them Mari said, "If you want to have your wish granted go for it but you can only pick one of the two you described okay?" I nodded and then thought about which wish I would choose then I decided looking up at the creature I said, "You can make any wish come true correct?" Kilby stopped licking his paw and said, "Exactly but I can't bring people back from the dead or make people fall in love is all." I took a deep breath and then said, "I wish not to be vulnerable in front of my parents and be able to hide how I felt in front of them!" Kilby smiled at me and a small bunny came from behind it and bounced over to me with a keychain in its mouth and then the bunny disappeared. When I looked up again the thing was gone too but now Mari was sitting on her knees in front of me and said, "Welcome to our team of magic-users Aubrey!" She hugged me tightly and it made me happy that I get to now spend more time with Mari and be in her little secret. Something that didn't surprise me that much was that Sunny and Kel were also on this team and soon Basil joined as well. A good thing about my parents not being able to sense my emotions was that when they argued I would feel upset on the inside but neither of them could tell the only thing I wished now was that things could go back to the way they were when I was younger when I couldn't understand that my parents were fighting for a reason and that it was just something that married people do but other than that life is great.

{Word count: 483}