xiii

I am so nervous about seeing Cheng again, i know that we have been getting to know each other through the calls, making sure both of us found time to talk twice a day for the past few weeks but we haven't shared the same space long enough to understand each other's habits. Talking to him all the time made me more comfortable but still this was different. He was going to introduce me to his family and that part also scared the shit out of me. The man was so straight to the point that i didn't know what he had in mind most of the time but i guess being who he is had alot to do with it. I wondered if his family was going to be at the birthday party and if so what will they think about the surprise we prepared for him, what would they think of me.

Kelly promised to make sure that he didn't know about the surprise party that we were going to throw for him at the restaurant. All he had in mind was the usual barbecue at his parent's house, same as the years before. I was happy when the workers agreed to the idea, most told my assistant that it was a great one so i was happy about that.

The things that Cheng did for me might have appeared small to him but to me they were huge. He was able to give my father back to me and now our relationship is stronger than ever and am so happy and grateful for that. This is the reason why i was doing this for him i just had to convince myself extra hard that it was not because of the feelings that i had for him. He was selfless and even went an extra mile of going with me, holding my hand through it all, it made me feel loved and special.

After getting my bag i started looking around and there he was waiting for me with an excited Kelly standing next to him. I ran towards him like a love sick puppy. I threw my hands around his neck as he picked me up and swing me around making me laugh. I kissed his lips lord knows i missed him. "Hi Lina, how was your flight?", Kelly said pulling me in for a hug right after our little moment. "It was great, am happy to see you", i said smiling at her. Cheng took my bag and led the way to the parking lot while Kelly and i took our time catching up, waiting for him to get far enough, Kelly updated me that everything was set for tomorrow which was his birthday. "Gosh am so nervous", "Don't be everything will be perfect, trust me, he is going to freak out", "In a good way i hope", she rolled her eyes at me. "Of course it will be in a good way", Kelly said with a smile. We got in the car, me sitting on the front with Cheng. He reached for my hand the moment the car was on the highway. He didn't say a thing just smiled at me when our eyes met. "I couldn't get out of work for the rest of the day so is it ok if we go to the restaurant and hang there? I am not ok with you staying all alone at the house until i get back i mean Kelly could go with you but she also has a meeting in an hour", he explained looking nervous. It made me smile. He must have thought about it for a while, "Of course, i don't mind at all, let's get cooking", my answer made his face light up and Kelly laugh. We reached Feast half an hour later, Kelly left to go to her meeting. I said hello to the workers as i walked past their stations. The restaurant was full and there more people coming in. We went straight to his office where he changed into his uniform, gave me a hug for no reason then we went back to the kitchen. I watched as they worked in harmony pushing food out the window so fast that i could barely keep up. A waitress brought me a cocktail, i thanked her and started sipping slowly while browsing on my phone, shooting out texts to my parents, Leo and most importantly Lily.

Lily: Are you excited about tomorrow?
Lina: More nervous, than excited.
Lily: Trust me i know how you feel.
Lina: What? What did you do for him?
Lily: Remember last year when i went to visit Leo? Yap! I had saved enough money to reserve a table in his favourite restaurant for his birthday, i was so nervous...i kept worrying about everything.
Lina: OMG! That's what happened i hated you for missing my birthday...that idiot doesn't deserve you. I do 🤣
Lily: Here we go again, i love you both so stop bickering 😒
Lina: Am not i saw you first, he should be kissing the floor i walk on 🤷‍♀️
Lily: Lina, we are talking about Mr. 🔥 Chef can we focus please??
Lina: Ok ok, i just had to make a point💆‍♀️
Lily: Did you carry the 👙 sets because trust me you will need them tomorrow 😉
Lina: Yes ma'am.
Lily: Good now i have to go i want you to enjoy yourself ok? Promise me.
Lina: I promise, bye!
Lily: 😍

When i was done, i looked up from my phone only to see Cheng looking at me with amusement on his face. I was obviously smiling by myself, it always happens when i chat or talk to Lily. He winked at me making me blush and hide myself in my cocktail as he continued working.