vi

It's been three months since i was suspended. Yes a protege was suspended, can you imagine that, the workers were told that i was on leave for studies so they didn't make a fuss about it. I was more than happy to accept after Dad agreed to not fire Ronald, we lost Mr. Grey's business because i messed up. And i found out that Dad had his eyes on Dig In Restaurant and he is the one who transferred my funds to another account so at least i got my fifty grand back.

So as you have already guessed, i broke up with Tyler, he has been trying to call me but i blocked him, he called my assistant and Jay blocked him too. I am living in one of the penthouses that Dad owned because when i was offered previously i declined, why would i need a family penthouse while i had Tyler. But here i am now.

I spent the first month crying and wishing the ground would open up and swallow me whole, i got drunk, refused to meet my family. What was the point while the only person i wished would talk to me didn't even want to be in the same room as me.

I was busy trying to find something to watch with a bottle of tequila in my hand when i heard a knock on the door. The only person who knew which penthouse i was in living in was Leo, and i didn't want him rubbing it on my face. "Go away!", i shouted at the door and the knocking stopped. I relaxed until i heard keys shuffling and the door opening. It was my Dad, he looked around the penthouse, it was a mess, tissues everywhere and empty tequila bottles, then our eyes connected, i was wearing the t-shirt he bought me for my birthday that was written 'daddy's girl', my vision started to blur and i turned away from him putting the bottle on the ground. This was a man that didn't say a word to me for the past three months. And god knows i tried to reach out but he blocked me.

"Dad, if your here to ask me to leave, i will be gone by morning", i said trying my best to sound encouraging. "Am here because we finally got Young to come on board with us, but he wont work with anyone but you and am not about to tell him that my Vice President was suspended because she was to naive to believe that a gold digging man like Tyler Osborn would fall in love with her based on her looks", "I get it ok? I get that am a disappointment and i also get that am never going to be beautiful enough for any man to want me ok? Can you just go?", i shouted at him for the first time, i couldn't control myself and i was not about to defend myself for speaking my mind. If my own Dad didn't believe that i was going to be good enough for anyone then so be it. He was here only because after Mr. Grey cancelling the contract, we needed another big account and Chef Young was going to be it. I turned to face him, whipping my tears with so much force i knew i was going to have to cover the bruises with make up tomorrow, "I will be in the office at eight sharp Sir. Please leave my apartment so that i can make the necessary preparations", i replied with a serious face making sure that he knows there was absolutely no father daughter relationship between us anymore. He was about so say something when i walked to the door and opened it, i had to be helpful. He was old after all and may be he forgot where the door was. He swallowed hard and left. 

I had to understand that he was a man in pain but he had no right to crush my hopes of finding what he and Mum had. But he was right about one thing. I was not going to allow any man to break my heart again. I was going to focus on my career and make sure that Riverson International is at the top. I owe the company that much.

"Welcome back Boss", "Good morning Jay, it's good to be back", i answered with a straight face making his playful side disappear, he knew what mood i was in and went straight to business bringing me my coffee in the middle of the chit chat. I have been studying Chenglei Goo Young for the past nine hours, i had to know him and understand him, he was not a typical client, he already had it all, we needed something more. Someone cleared their throat and when i turned to the door i saw Ronald, "Hey you", i tried to act all happy, i failed miserably. "Hi, i just came to say thank you. I owe my life to you, i was fired from the job i had before because i did the same thing and my boss sacrificed me instead of his mistress so, it's kind of a sensitive topic, but after what you did for me i don't know how i will ever repay you", he said sadly making my heart ache, i was so blinded by love that i forgot to think about the position i was putting him in, i was just grateful that Dad listened to me."Hey don't worry about it, i just had a dream that was not worth it ok? thank you for not hating me", i said smiling which made him smile too and i knew i had a friend in him.