18♡; the fight

third personmay 8th, 2022

third person
may 8th, 2022

vinnie closed his eyes in delight as he felt his back being lightly scratched by lola's freshly done acrylic nails; that had become one of his favorite feelings.

he laid with his head on her chest, their legs tangled together, as they watched bojack horseman (lola's newfound favorite show) on netflix. lola's fingers rotated between drawing shapes on his back and combing through his hair, although it was more of a subconscious thing as she was genuinely paying attention to the show.

vinnie, on the other hand, definitely was not paying attention. his main focus was trying not to fall asleep, which wasn't very easy with the way lola was caressing him.

they had been together for a little over a month, and they were most definitely still in the honeymoon phase. no fights, no altercations, just so much passion and genuine romance between them.

the only problem- although it wasn't really a problem for them- was that they hadn't told anybody, not even their friends. lola had told veondre, but that was just inevitable, because the girl was basically her sister. vinnie told reggie and his parents, but other than those 4 people, everyone was clueless.

they actually enjoyed it, having to sneak around like they were in some 90s romance movie. holding hands under the table, vinnie sneaking in through her window, everything was just so fun and spontaneous for them. although, a part of lola wished it could always be like this, while a part of vinnie wished he could show her off to his friends.

"lola, babe," vinnie groaned as he began getting up from his position, making lola's stomach feel all fuzzy. "if you keep doing that, i'm gonna fall asleep." he chuckled as he not sat up on the bed, leaning in and kissing her cheek before getting all the way off.

they hadn't kissed since they became an official couple, which may sound stupid because they kissed way before that, but for some reason lola just wasn't ready for that step in their relationship. vinnie didn't mind at all, he was completely understanding and never pressured her. but the more their relationship went on, the more lola felt like she was being irritating with her request.

"but i like holding you," lola slightly whined in response, "we deserve a break from packing."

"we've been taking a break for like 2 hours, and our plane leaves in 4 hours. no more procrastinating, c'mon," vinnie shook his head, smiling as he opened up his closet again. in reality, lola finished packing the second she found out she would be going with him to miami, she just wanted to be a good girlfriend and help him with his luggage. she regretted that decision.