11♡; im studying

vinnie's point of viewfebruary 6th, 2022

february 6th, 2022

IMESSAGE
lola bug

vinnie
LOLA

vinnie
call me rn

lola bug
cant rn

lola bug
im studying

vinnie
...fuck that gotta do w me🤔?

lola bug
...so i need to focus hello?

vinnie
okay well this is rlly important

lola bug
mhm yeah so is this exam on
tuesday

vinnie
please lola :(

vinnie
i need you

lola bug
you get 5 minutes.

vinnie
LETS GOOO

《♡》

a smile grew on my face as i saw my lola's caller ID light up my screen. i quickly ran my fingers through my hair and answered the facetime request.

soon enough, lola's face was on my screen. she had on her glasses and her hair was in a very messy bun, along with no makeup. i could tell she didn't try to dress up, and that made me happy. she looked gorgeous regardless.

i admired every slight curve of her face before she began speaking. she looked like she was biting the inside of her cheeks, and i could tell she was trying her best not to smile. she was definitely trying to look annoyed, and it was adorable.

she let out a sigh, "alright, 5 minutes. what do you want?"

i could feel my mouth form into a smirk as i shrugged, "i was bored."

"vin," she groaned, making me laugh although my stomach was erupting with butterflies. "oh come on, you can't tell me you actually want to study." i chuckled lightly as i got up from the couch, walking to my room. "you're right, i don't want to do study. but, i do actually want to graduate college. so, that doesn't leave me with many choices, does it?" she shook her head, closing her book and pushing her glasses up.

i suddenly felt a tiny bit of regret. i knew she wasn't actually annoyed, but i also knew how big of a deal school was to her, and i didn't want to distract from that. but, as i saw her push those too-big-for-her-face glasses up, i decided; eh, she'll be fine.

"okay, well...i actually do have a bit of news, but it's not official, so don't go freaking out and shit." i shook my head a bit as i sat on my bed, praying that i was legally aloud to tell her this information. "ooh, what is it?" she smiled wide as her eyebrows raised and her nose scruntched up a little, something she did everytime she was excited.

there goes that funny feeling in my stomach again.

"y'know that whole tiktok boxing match thing? i was asked if i wanted to join, and go against this deji guy. and i...i'm actually thinking about saying yes..." i trailed off, looking off to the side.

her face dropped. not into a sad or disappointed look, but more of a shocked look. "holy shit, vin-vin. that's...that's kinda huge. i mean, do you think you're ready for it?" she asked, looking into my eyes through the screen, and i could tell she was searching for some sort of hesitation.

"do you think i'm ready?" i asked in reply, with little to no hesitation. "yes, i do." she answered right away, with even less hesitation than i had. i couldn't help but smile.

"i think so too. i just kind of want the experience, but i don't know if i can deal with all the hate that comes with it." i spoke honestly, not even worried about sounding like a wimp. i knew she would still have me as her best friend, no matter how much of a wimp i was.

she rolled her eyes, "nigga, fuck them. who cares what they think? you gon' get hate no matter what."

"yeah, you're right. i think i'm gonna say yes." i laid back onto my bed, getting more comfortable. "i'm very supportive of this, i hope you know that. but, seriously, if you genuinely think that you can't handle all of this, physically or mentally, then don't do it." she laid back onto her own bed as she spoke, her voice laced with concern.

"your happiness, and health, comes first. remember that."

i smiled at how much she cared about me. she's the most wonderful best friend i've ever had. "aw, lola bug has a heart," i cooed, not paying any mind to the fact that this was the first time i called her 'lola bug' in person. but, by the way her eyes lit up and a huge smile took over her face, i could tell she payed some mind to it.

"no, i just care about you, dumbass." she mumbled as if she was embarrassed, moving the camera a bit so you couldn't see her smile. now, it was my turn to get flustered.

"y'know, i think it's been longer than 5 minutes." i teased, raising my eyebrows at her.

she let out a little laugh as she sat back up. "god, you're so annoying," she smiled.

"i'm literally your best friend, shut up," i chuckled as i pulled the covers over my body.

she just flipped me off, making me laugh harder.

"goodbye, vincent." she rolled her eyes, going to end the call. "wait, no! five more minutes?" i pleaded, feeling like a child for begging the way i was.

"i'll call you while i get ready tomorrow, swear." she shook her head with a small smile as she promised.

i nodded, "deal. bye, lola."

"bye, vin."

♡♡♡♡
authors note
I SCCIDENTLY POSTDD THIS MID WRITING LMAOO
anyways this is so precious pls
also ik that the boxing match was in 2021, but i still want it to be a core part of this story, so we're gonna say it hasn't happened yet
ALSO

♡♡♡♡authors noteI SCCIDENTLY POSTDD THIS MID WRITING LMAOOanyways this is so precious plsalso ik that the boxing match was in 2021, but i still want it to be a core part of this story, so we're gonna say it hasn't happened yetALSO

HIS TATTOOS LOOK SO GOOD HLLY DJIT