Chapter 23. The Family Business

As Bucky had suspected, once the movie was over, and the others began to party in earnest they moved down to Coulson's apartment and any chance of privacy with Natalie was dashed

As Bucky had suspected, once the movie was over, and the others began to party in earnest they moved down to Coulson's apartment and any chance of privacy with Natalie was dashed.   Coulson had a fridge full of drinks and food.  Almost like vultures the others had descended upon it and were soon spread throughout the apartment.  People had congregated into different groups; the strangest one perplexed Bucky as it seemed Damien Vison had taken a shine to Maria Hill and her to him.

"When did he join?" Bucky asked Barton.

"About a week ago," said Barton.  "He received a contract offer, looked at it and realized he didn't want to kill the wife and family of the political rival of a potential dictator.  From there he went to deciding he didn't want to kill anymore, period.  I got the call in the middle of the night and in the morning I woke him up in the parking lot outside of the warehouse.  He's actually going to move into the warehouse."

"He's not going to kill anymore?" asked Bucky.

"That's what he says," said Barton.  "Everyone deserves a second chance, I guess."

As the party got louder and Torres' girlfriend showed up with a couple of her girlfriends, Bucky could see by Natalie's face that it was becoming too much for her, as it was for him.  He whispered in Natalie's ear and together they went down the elevator to the parking garage.  Her eyes had opened wide at the sight of his SUV and she asked why he had bought such a vehicle.

"I wanted something better for the baby to ride in," he answered as he opened the door for her.  "It will be yours and I'm sure it's big enough for twins.  I'm happy driving my old car."

"I could have bought my own," she said.  "I have the money."

"I know," he replied.  "When my car bites the dust you can buy me a new one."

He drove out of the parking garage only to have Peter blocking his way to the road.  He rolled down the window.

"I need the remote," said Peter.  "Some of us are going to watch another movie up there.  Well, Stacy and I are going to watch a movie.  We went out before on a double date with Torres and his girlfriend.   I guess she likes me."

"What are you going to watch?" asked Bucky, as he pulled it out of his jacket.

"An older chick flick," said Peter.  "Mamma Mia.  I haven't seen it but Stacy said it's fun.  You know I think we should put that screen on top of the warehouse and watch movies up there on a regular basis.  Tonight was fun and Casablanca is a good movie for an old one.  I wouldn't mind seeing some others in your collection."

Bucky laughed and gave the remote to Peter who stepped back to let him pass.  He could hear Natalie chuckling as they drove away.

"It is a fun movie," she said, "but he better like that Stacey a lot to watch it.  It's not for every guy."