"Serena, do you mind going out to Restaurant Le Wow? I just ordered takeout for dinner,"

"Sure," I said drowsily. "I'm going to change first." I was wearing sweatpants. I physically couldn't survive unless I changed into something less..hot.

I step in my room and start looking for something to change into, finally deciding on a white shoulderless mini dress with ruffles on the bottom. I turned my head towards the coat hook and saw my mom's straw hat hanging from one of the hooks. Should I wear it?

———

Using one hand to bring down the brim of my hat to cover my eyes from the sun, I used the other to carry the plastic bag that stored today's dinner.

I was tired at this point, physically. I've been walking the past half hour and it's going to take another half hour to get back home.

I should really learn how to ride a bike or something.

When I was twelve years old, my grandma bought me a hot pink bike with white wheels- which I adored. I was going to attempt to ride it, but what did I see the next morning? Flat tires. Guess who? A two year old that's named after a part of a plant.

While looking around, a little bakery caught my eye. I smile. What does a person need after walking in the sun for the whole day? Pastries.

I took a turn and reached the welcoming entrance. The door was decorated with cool-colored assortments of flowers, a tiny bell hanging on the knob. There were fairy lights hanging on the ceiling except it was turned off.

My hand reached for the knob, turning it—

Ding

"Thank you!" Someone says in a cheery tone.

The door abruptly opened from the inside, surprising me for a second, and I looked up to see...Ash??

Ash was smiling down at a beaming Lia, playfully shaking the bag in his hands. "Let's eat it now,"

"No, we habe to bwe patient!" Lia replies, her hand then grabbing onto the pant leg of his jeans and dragging him out the store.

It was only until the bell chimed again, signaling the door completely close, that I snapped out of my senses. I've been standing there and the two of them haven't seen me at all?

I grin. Were they that excited about desserts?

I shake the two of them (specifically Ash) out of my mind and twist the knob, pulling the door open with no effort.

"Hello!" The lady behind the register, who seems to be the same age as me, greets me with a kind voice. I smile in return.

"Do you recommend any pastries or desserts I could try?" I ask. I look around at the comfy decor. Dim lights shone on the pink and blue color-scheme.

"Hmm," she brings a hand to her chin, stroking it. "These are my personal favorites," she points toward a colorful display of decorated cream puffs.

"Cream puffs? They look tasty.." I lean closer towards the cream puffs shielded by glass.

"Nuh uh! These are Pokepuffs," she smiles with a playful tone and points at the sign right above it labeled: POKEPUFFS.