Chapter 40: Exquisite Mess ~ pt. 1 (NSFW)

Tamyn's hand moved down to Abrizhen's chest and began to fumble with the opening of his waistcoat until he finally let out a sound of frustration and took his mouth away to look down.

"You Northerners and all your buttons," he muttered.

Abrizhen gave a breathy chuckle. He pulled off his cravat, then pushed Tamyn's hand away and made short work of the buttons down his waistcoat and then his shirt.

Tamyn pulled him to sit up and pushed both garments, together with the braces attached to his trousers, over his shoulders and down his arms, lowering his head at the same time to kiss his bare chest, then running a hand down the fine blonde hair there.

Abrizhen felt different than Tamyn remembered. He was still very slim, and had always been in excellent shape, but he had now lost any softness of youth. Valesk was a harsh land, and in these years it had clearly built him up and sculpted him into one of its own hard stone mountains.

Tamyn ran his hands over all the peaks and valleys and ridges of the muscles on his arms and his chest, down to his stomach, and undid the few buttons on his trousers, taking in the sight of him through the heavy veil of lust settling over his vision.

"Tam," Abrizhen gasped with an air of amazement, "are you really here? This is always where I wake up, and you're never really here."

Tamyn slid a hand up Abrizhen's chest and neck to cup his face, tearing his gaze away from Abrizhen's body to look into his pleading eyes.

"I'm here," he said softly, with a frown of concern.

In the past, Abrizhen sometimes had moments where he wasn't certain of reality. It would seem that hadn't changed.

Abrizhen took Tamyn's hand from his face and placed a lingering kiss into his palm. Then smiling, he seized Tamyn's shoulders and pushed him up until they were both standing. He tugged at all of Tamyn's sashes and ties and the layers of robes were quickly dispatched.

As Abrizhen's trousers dropped to the floor, he reached for the drawstring on the loose breeches Tamyn wore beneath his robes, and Tamyn's hand trailed down his stomach, reaching for him.

The moment those long, slim fingers closed around his already straining member, Abrizhen's whole body went rigid and he pulled Tamyn into a crushing embrace to hold onto him as his knees almost gave out.

A harsh grunt sounded against Tamyn's neck as Abrizhen pushed his hips forward into that hand, shuddering violently against Tamyn's body in an unexpected but explosive release.

He leaned weakly against Tamyn, clinging, gasping for breath, and began to laugh at himself.

"Perhaps it's been a while?" Tamyn said hoarsely against his ear, breathing a bit heavily himself.

"Eight years," Abrizhen said, still laughing softly.

Tamyn leaned back to show him a confused expression.

"What...?"

Abrizhen raised his head and looked into Tamyn's eyes. He still laughed, but his face was pensive.

"Later," he said.

He plucked the washcloth off of the table to clean Tamyn"s hand, then tossed it aside and took Tamyn in his arms again, kissing him tenderly and moving forward to back him toward the bed. He threw the quilt down and lowered Tamyn onto the soft mattress, pulling away his breeches before lying above him.

Tamyn wrapped his long legs over Abrizhen's, curling their ankles together.

Abrizhen savored the feeling of Tamyn's hardness against his stomach, but he just kissed him for a long time, teasing his lips with the tip of his tongue one minute, devouring him like a beast the next, then parting their lips to look at him, because he loved the way Tamyn would always lick his own lips after being kissed, and he wanted to see it again and again.