Chapter 7: Doubting

Hello all! So I know it's almost been two weeks and I'm so sorry, but I've been SO busy with school work, I think I've died about three times now from it. O.O Hopefully I can update Human and even Visionary within a few days!

Anywho, the update is here and it may not seem like much, but it's important! The interview included, and you'll see why later on! :)

Remember this: The "doubting" in this chapter isn't just from the telephone conversation, it's got a double sided meaning! 

So I'm making this a short note because it's Friday after noon and I'm going out to dinner in a bit, so, please enjoy! Don't forget to vote and leave comments to let me know what you think and how this'll all tie in later! I love to hear from you guys! 

Have a great weekend! :) 

Zayn

            “Welcome to Seattle boys!”

            The audience cheers loudly as we all settle onto the long couch, trying to all comfortably squeeze in together.

            “Hello!” Liam says cheerily, flashing a grin with the rest of the boys.

            I find myself attempting to as well, to at least make it look casual and normal, but it doesn’t feel right. That’s got to mean it doesn’t look right, right?

            “Well boys, so nice to finally have you here!” I look at the interviewer for the first time to see she’s a rather petite, blonde woman, lounging back in her own single chair. “We’ve all been eager for you to come, haven’t we?”

            The audience cheers loudly, and I’d like to grin and wave along with the rest of the boys, but I just don’t have it in me.

            Washington is so close to California, and that in turn means that I’m so close to Dana. I can barely stand it, knowing that she’s just a couple states away, and soon I’ll find her, apologize for this big mess, and hopefully have her back with us.

            “So are you excited to start your big tour?” The interviewer asks. “I know you all flew in just yesterday so you haven’t had any performances yet.”

            “Definitely excited,” Harry says, leaning forward and resting his elbows on his knees. “It’s going to be huge and a lot of fun, and we’re all really looking forward to it!” 

            I look out at the audience’s smiling faces, the excitement of the younger girls and the amusement of the older adults. They all see to be happy, carefree. 

            The thing about being a celebrity is that no matter what you’re famous for, you learn to be an actor. On stage, in interviews, at signings, in our case at least. If you’re down or not in the mood, it doesn’t matter, you’ve got to grow up and get past it, put on an act that will get people interested.

            Over the past few years I like to think that I’ve perfected this technique, along with the other boys. But right now I just feel so tired, so tired of just sitting and waiting. 

            I don’t know if I can put on the act right now. 

            “Alright, I’d like to play a game with you guys, sound good?” 

            The others nod and smile while I have to swallow hard to keep from grunting in indifference. I’d rather not, and some of the others probably would as well, but you can’t just say no. Once you’re on the inside, this isn’t a business for no’s.