Chapter 6: Beginning

IMPORANT INFORMATION: So guys, first thing about this chapter is that... the timing is weird. What I mean by that is... In the last chapter, the boys and Ben discovered Dana on her mother's fashion website, which is how they decided to try and pull some strings and stay longer in L.A. THIS chapter takes place on Dana's first day as a model, so before she was put on the website officially yet. So technically, this chapter takes place BEFORE the last, but I just ended up writing it weirdly... I'm sorry. I hope that's not too confusing! :) 

ANYWAYS, the musical is over for me! Which is both really great and really sad... :( But look at, I wrote this today and will hopefully have more time to write in general now!

SO, I know it's been two or three weeks, so I really owe this to you all! I think you'll like this one too, so please let me know what you think! This is a lot of new stuff I'm introducing you all too, pleeeaase give me feedback! <3 Love you all!

Dana 

            “Be excited Dana, it’s your first day!” 

            I give my mother a tired smile, trying to be excited like she wants. It’s my first day at my new job, acting as a model, and I have to say I’m nervous as hell. 

            I find myself wondering what it’s all going to be like. I mean, Mum claims that I’ve already had a taste of modeling, but I haven’t been surrounded by the actual people in the business. 

            What if they don’t like me? What if they don’t think I look good enough, or am suitable for the job? What if they just take me because my mum owns the company, not because I’m actually worth something?

             “Love?” Mum suddenly pokes her head into my room, smiling brightly as she sees me standing in front of my closet, trying to figure out what to pick from the unnecessarily large wardrobe.

            “Oh good, you’re picking your outfit!” She grins. “Dress in something nice alright? It’s your first day and I want you to make a good impression. None of this jeans and a t-shirt stuff, I mean it!”

            Almost as quickly as she came, she’s gone again, her heels clicking as she walks back down stairs. 

            I purse my lips slightly, trying to take everything into consideration. No jeans and a t-shirt, I can do that. My only difficulty is figuring out what she wants exactly.

            My eyes continue to roam over the clothes for a couple more minutes, trying to take all the pieces and mix and match them in my head. Realizing that Mum is probably impatiently waiting for me downstairs, I finally decide on a pale, oval necked, silky top with a flowing black skirt.           

            The only reason I’m choosing them is really because they’re the first objects of clothing that I seem to be able to spot that aren’t excessively revealing. 

            Once I’m dressed and as ready for the day as I think I’m going to be, I trot downstairs in sandal-covered feet, anxiously peering around for my mother. 

            The house is spotless and bright, filled with warm colors and designer layouts. Since I’m going into this business, I should probably know a bit more about fashion, but as much as I can tell, everything is just expensive and screaming money.

            Looking at the marble countertops, leather furniture, and generous supply of electronics, I can’t help but be reminded of the only other expensive house I’ve been in: One Direction’s.