Elijah

The giver noticed the community gaining their memories. It had been a few weeks since Jonas had escaped with Gabriel. The Giver was sitting in his room, reading one of the books, when is loudspeaker came on. The Giver looked up startled, he had turned the loudspeaker off before he had started reading.

"Receiver of Memory, please come to the main office building right away." The loudspeaker boomed. The Giver was very puzzled. These days they very rarely asked for him, with them trying to coop up with the memories. The Giver was completing if he should go or not when someone walked through is door.

"Hello, Elijah." the Chief Elder casually said to him.

"What do you need Matilda?" The Giver asked her. "I just need you to come with me." She had a frown on her face.

"Why? I thought we talked about this." The giver looked at her puzzled as he set down his book.

"I know we have talked about it, but thats not why I am here." the Chief Elder said matter of factly. "You have been charged with treason against the community. You are to be released." The Giver just sat there, not moving. He wasn't like the others, he knew what release ment. His mind flashed back to the day he saw his own daughter, Rosemary, be released. He couldn't move, so he just sat.