The Fairytale Creatures

That morning, y/n woke up to yelling and cursing: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY SWAMP?" It was Shrek.

Clambering out of bed, y/n pulled on a scruffy oversized shirt and strolled through the bog outside her house, over to Shrek's hut. She couldn't believe her eyes, she even did a double take, the fairytale creatures she had been feeding for years were gathered at Shrek's front door! "Lord Farquaad sent us here!" Pinocchio answered squeakily, "We aren't allowed to stay outside Far Far Away anymore, he owns all the land there now." There was a muttering of agreement and encouragement from the rest of the crowd. "Who's this Lord Farquaad fella then, y/n?" Shrek whispered to y/n, realising she had turned up to stand with him. Before she had a chance to answer, however, a witch cried from the throng, "Y/n! It's y/n!"

A cheer arose and Pinocchio ran towards her, taking her hand and holding it in the air, "Y/n is here to save us!" Y/n looked at Shrek, confused and a little worried, "Pinocchio, I just live here." she stated. A wolf in a granny-style nighty perked up, "What? Here? In this awful swamp?" That was a blow to y/n, she tried very hard to make this swamp presentable, especially since she was on an extremely tight budget. "Yes, I'm afraid so. This was all I could afford after King Harold exiled me." "So," Pinocchio said, "you can't help us get back to DuLoc?"
"No... I'm sorry everyone. I don't know how to help."

"Well I'm not having them stay here." Shrek announced. "I'm going to see this 'Lord Farquaad' and I'm going to get my swamp back!" A second cheer arose as the creatures began clamouring past Shrek into his hut. Shrek sighed and turned to y/n, "Will you join me? I might need some woman power to help me along the way."
"Of course, Shrek!" y/n agreed, "Let me just get into my dress and we'll be on our way!"

Changing into her simple but flowy light green summer dress in her hut and packing a small satchel for the journey, y/n thought about someone she hadn't seen in a long time. A donkey by the name of Donkey used to live with these fairytale creatures. She hadn't seen him in about a year. She would make waffles especially for him because he was secretly her favourite, always so bouncy and fun to talk to. One week when she went to visit, Donkey was nowhere to be seen and nobody has seen him since.