Chapter 17: Dance! Huntsmen! Dance!

On April 12th, 2021 SUGAR//CRASH was published and I had no idea that technically a full year has passed since I posted this story! So thank you all! Without you and your support, this story would be nothing! Seriously!

On Wattpad, this story has: 8.9K Reads, 234 Favorites, and 109 comments

On Fanfiction this story has: 167 Reviews, 522 Followers, 389 Favorites, is in 1 Community, and has a total of 71, 641 Views

On A03 this story has: 17 Comments, 185 Kudos, 74 Bookmarks, and 20131 Hits

Also, I am not doing the math for this many numbers, but I'm sure it's relatively big. But all of those things were because of all of you! So let me say it again, without you, this story would not be what or where it is as it has become one of the most popular stories I have written!

THANK YOU ALL! HAVE AN AMAZING AND WONDERFUL MORNING/DAY/NIGHT!

The Reviews!

.

.

.

Before the ball, Cinder looked over to Emerald and Marceline, "Listen up you two, I'm going to get ready, I need you both at the dance as my cover when I get there, Understood"

Emerald nodded, "Yes Ma'am" Emerald said

"Got it, boss," Marceline replied

Cinder nodded and Emerald and Marceline made their way to the Ballroom. As she was walking, Marceline couldn't help but slightly hope that Cinder's plan for hacking into the CCT tower would fail, that way her endgame wouldn't come to pass. She had no idea why she had been feeling this way, but she just hoped that for some reason... they'd fail at what they were planning. Why? Because for some reason her heart and her soul kept thinking about those words that Jaune had told her when he saved her.

She was so conflicted about why she was so impacted by his words but, she also wanted to know why she believed his words?

She shook her head and kept walking down the hall. However, Emerald noticed her conflicted expression and was slightly worried about her partner.

"You ok Marc?" Emerald asked

"I'm Fine Em," Marceline said, "Let's just get to the dance," She said

Emerald nodded and they made their way to the dance.

Meanwhile, in the ballroom, Jaune and Penny had just finished dancing and were now taking a seat at a nearby table. Penny sat down and she had the biggest smile on her face as she had enjoyed dancing with Jaune.

"That was really fun Jaune!" Penny said, "Thank you so much for being my date to the Ball!" She said

"Y-Yeah... No... No problem P-Penny..." Jaune said through ragged breaths

He had been dancing with penny for what felt like an hour and he was tired, yet somehow, Penny didn't even break a sweat. Jaune was beginning to think that she wasn't human.

Penny was wearing a short, light green, short-sleeved dress with a narrow black detailing around her waist and a white collar alongside a pair of light green heels.

Meanwhile, he was wearing his uniform since that's the only formal wear he had.

"How's your dance going Jaune?"

Jaune turned his head to see that it was Reese, wearing a nearly bright glowing neon green dress, which also sort of made her hair glow dimly, which was actually really beautiful in a way, causing him to blush slightly.