Ten

~FARAI~

"I stole three watches, five wallets, and a diamond necklace" Loki smiles as he walks through the door of our hotel room. We had only been in Gotham for a day, managing to steal the wallet of some pretentious asshole right after we arrived in town.

Gotham is...interesting. Very dark and gloomy for the most part.

"Good" I say, counting through the money we racked up.

"Strange would be so proud to see what you're doing" Loki teased. I rolled my eyes and flipped him off

"Strange won't know a thing about this. When we get back home, you better not say a goddamn word"

He put his hands up in a mock surrender, "I won't. I swear."

After counting through the money- I concluded we got $750 in cash, maybe $1000 from the watches alone, and at least $300 from the necklace.

Rule #1 of thievery, only steal where you know you'll make a profit. Loki managed to charm his way into a country club.

"We're doing good. You think this will be enough for our stay?"

"Should be, assuming we won't be here long. But we should gather up enough for maybe a month or two. Just to be safe"

"I can't go a month stuck in this dimension! I wanna go home" I whine

"I do too. But it's better safe than sorry"

I sighed and nodded. He was right.

"Have you been practicing your magic today?" Loki questions

"Of course. Better than yesterday but still weak. You?"

"Same results"

I groaned but stopped myself from becoming a nervous wreck. As upset as I was, I couldn't get beside myself. Too much stress would equal us staying here longer.

I set the money down and went over to the bed I had reserved for myself. Loki sat on his bed and grabbed the remote to turn on the news.

We both found ourselves extremely interested in the news story that was developing. The police were desperately looking for some crazed criminal, calls himself The Joker and apparently looks like a clown and has a purple suit and green hair.

Weirdest shit I've ever heard in my life but okay.

"They're freaking out over a clown?" Loki asked, "A fucking clown? Have they even tried looking in any of the local children's birthday parties?"

I found myself laughing at his corny ass joke, "That was so lame"

"And yet- you laugh"

I ignore him and watch the TV, a goofy smirk still playing on my lips as a result of me still thinking about the joke.

Soon, however, that smirk dropped when the News anchor began listing the crimes of the clown.