15

A week later
Charlie's POV
Both of the teams meet on the ice and Adam comes out slowly on crutches and Dean says "Banks!" Everyone except me knew he was coming back today and I told both teams we should come down here to skate. Adam got out last night but its the weekend so he's been resting in my bed, not his. He came out of the dungeon, slightly hopped on pain killers, and I say "you ok, buddy?" He says "I got it" and I say "I didn't say anything about help" as he puts a chair on the ice. I skate over and he says "I don't need help!" I chuckle saying "Adam, I just don't want you to fall and kill yourself" and he mumbles "can I have a hand?" I nod and he drops his crutches carelessly exactly how he does in our dorm. I give him my hand as he turns around and carefully sits down. He turns the chair around by himself and says "ok, I hate sitting here for godsake. Anyway. I'm back and things need to change around here." Rick says "I don't want to be here with these goons any longer than necessary, Banks." Adam says "cut your bullshit, we all see through it. Be, I don't know, not an asshole? We'd get somewhere if you actually acted like a human being. I wanted you all to come together and get along, there's no reason we can't at least be civil. So, I made a plan." We all look at him then they all look at me. I say "I don't know it I promise" quietly and Julie says "you sure? Everything that goes through you, goes through him. I've learned that." I say "but does it work the other way around? I'll answer for you, not always." Adam says "ouch. Ok. Find your people that play the same position as you on the opposite team. Get to know them, skate around, and just talk to each other. You all don't shut up, so you shouldn't have any trouble." I skate around boredly and I go to Adam saying "I'm looking for a certain center" and he smiles, looking up at me. Dwayne starts it saying "howdy, I'm Dwayne" to a varsity guy and they talk for a bit. I sit on the ice next to Adam, resting my head on his thigh saying "this was a good idea" quietly and Adam mumbles "I don't know about a good idea but it is a necessary idea" looking down at me. Adam runs his hand through my hair and I stand up slowly, sitting on his thigh. Rick says "ok, that doesn't seem fair" and Connie says "something both teams can agree on." I stand up saying "were on the same page, were down to be nice to all of you. At this point, it's y'all that has to sort it out" skating around boredly and Adam says "were gonna be nice if you are nice to us" shrugging. They all shrug and start talking again, just moving on. I look at Adam mumbling "I'll be damned" making him chuckle, gesturing for me to come closer. I sit on his thigh and he rubs my thigh mumbling "you have a bony ass" and I laugh saying "mmm, I love you" quietly and he chuckles mumbling "I love you too." He is so strong. I don't know how he does it. Just anything really. I kiss his forehead and he mumbles "I just want to skate" and I squeeze his shoulder. I say "I know, I know" pecking his cheek and he mumbles "I gotta shave" and I chuckle. I say "sounds like a you problem." Adam says "not when you complain about me being scruffy. Then its a you problem." I mumble "shut up" making us giggle slightly. I say "it makes my face red when I kiss you and it hurts. Therefore, I complain." He smiles and kisses my jaw and he says "ok, get up" quietly. He squeezes my thigh and I skate over to my crew and Dwayne and I start talking. Adam grabs something from under his chair and I mumble "oh no" and Dwayne smirks. Adam says "rancher Dwayne, are you ready to wrangle some stray cattle?" Dwayne says "yes, sir" as Adam throws the rope at him and Rick says "what's the point in this?" Adam says "loosen up, have some fun" smiling and Dwayne looks at me saying "you are first, cowboy." I say "shit" skating away making him laugh and we all skate away, Dwayne coming after all of us. I skate around, watching Dwayne and I end up winning. I say "thats my first time winning that one!" Luis says "I think you got faster" and I say "I think so too." While Adam was gone, I'd skate until I felt like I was gonna pass out after practice. Everyday. I just wanted him back, so I'd do stuff to take my mind of him and that was skating so hard that my feet hurt and my muscles almost gave out, so I'd just go to bed and not have to think. Luis says "I challenge you to a race" and I say "you'd win by a mile" and Rick says "I'll take the challenge for you." I don't think he's ever seen Luis skate which is kinda funny that he's so confident. Luis is literally fastest skater in the country right now. I say "don't kill yourself, Rick" and they line up next to the net on each side. We all get out of the way and I say "after three, one, two, three" and they go. Luis leaves Rick in the dust making his team chuckle. Rick says "how do you do that?!" Luis says "I just do it" and Rick says "fine, have my girlfriend, Jesus Christ" and I chuckle and Luis says "without pads, I think I am much faster." Rick says "have you tried to get a world record, you are like Usain Bolt on skates." Luis says "I have one point nine seconds, blue line to blue line." Rick says "seriously?" Luis says "uh yeah?" Adam says "I think my job is done" as one of Ricks goons say "that is so cool."