14

Charlie's POV
Adam says "hey, ma, would you be able to give him a ride back to the school?" She says "sure" smiling. We all talked until it was time for us to leave. Adam says "come here" quietly and he hugs me mumbling "I'll be out soon. Ok?" I nod and I get up saying "bye, Adam" and he says "bye, Charlie" somewhat mocking me, making me chuckle and roll my eyes. I follow his mom and she says "you are his favorite person, ya know" and I chuckle saying "I'm a lot of peoples favorite person." His mom says "you're cute and you're very nice, I'm sure many people like you" and she brings me to the dorm and I say "thank you" smiling and she says "you're very welcome, Charlie." I go into my dorm room and I hear like a bunch of knocks and I take Adams sweatshirt off as I say "come in." All of the ducks come in and sit everywhere and I sit on Adams bed, hugging his pillow to my chest. Dean says "ok, none of us saw this coming. You and Banks?!" I say "oh my god" chuckling and hitting my face on the pillow on my lap. Dwayne says "seriously, don't grill him but at the same time, please do." I say "Dwayne, you're supposed to help me." He says "nah" and Fulton says "have you done it yet?" He high fives Dean and I say "oh my god, you can ask Adam those questions when he gets out." I know I'm blushing making them all giggle and Connie says "I wanna know!" I say "fine, we have done it, chill out." They all squeal like little girls or pigs. I say "yes, me and Banks, Dean" shaking my head and blushing. Julie says "I didn't think he'd get flustered so quickly." I sigh saying "guys, there's a chance Adam would answer more of your questions" and Dean says "but its so fun to make you blush." I roll my eyes saying "I will banish you from my room." The phone in the hall rings and I say "I got it" and I answer it saying hello?" It's a community phone for the floor. Adam says "hey, baby, whats up?" I say "oh my god, it's you, help me. The teams interrogating me." Adam says "you poor baby, can you help me with the homework?" I say "yes, what do you need help with?" Adam says "I'm high and I'm terrible at English anyway." I lean against my doorway because the phones next to my door. Dean says "who is it?" I say "who else would it be if its none of our moms?" Adam giggles and I say "stop giggling, you have to write a paper while hopped on morphine." Adam says "they took me off that an hour ago. I'm on something less strong now. Now, help me with this paper please?" I say "yes, I will" waving all of them out of my room and they all sit in their doorways, listening to us talk. Adam says "how do I start a paper?" I say "with a hook, Adam. Something to grab the reader. To make you want to read the paper." He says "so, something like an interesting fact?" I say "yes, Adam" chuckling and he says "thanks, love" tiredly. I sit against my door frame and Adam says "I love you" and I say "I love you too" and everyone awwws and I say "oh my god, would you shut up?" Adam chuckles mumbling "how was dealing with my mom?" I say "love, I think she loves me more than you cause she's an angel to me" and he says "damnit, you're cuter than me. Of course you're the favorite now." I chuckle and Adam mumbles "I wanna cuddle you, I feel like death" and I say "you are gonna make me cry, can we write this paper?" Adam says "yeah, sorry, baby" tiredly. I explain how to write the paper as he writes things down. I say "when do you think you're coming back?" Adam says "they told me a week" sighing and I say "a week? Who am I going to cuddle? A pillow like a sad sack?" Adam says "hell if I know" tiredly. He sounds broken and fatigued and just overall tired. I say "Adam?" He says "hm?" I say "ask the teacher for an extension and go to bed." Adam says "why? I'm fine" and I say "Adam, you sound like you haven't slept in days and that you are on the verge of tears. Go to bed" and Adam says "I might never play hockey again, Charlie. I just feel shitty" and I say "I know. I think you will come around. You want to play enough and you can't live without it. I know you. Adam, you just have to want it and you will be able to do it, it'll just take awhile. You will get there though" quietly. Adam quietly says "I love you" and I say "I love you too, share your document with me and I'll write what I can for you. You can just fill it in tomorrow. Send an email to the teacher, asking for an extension, then please go to bed." Adam says "just sent the email. I'm gonna try and sleep. I love you" and I close my eyes mumbling "love you too" and then I say "Adam" my eyes still closed. He says "hm?" I say "be good to yourself, take your time the world only waits for you" quietly. Adam says "you are so mushy" and I say "I miss you" even though I saw him this morning. Just the thought of not being able to see him for awhile makes me miss him even though I saw him this morning. Adam mumbles "love you, baby" and I make a kissy noise saying "love you too" and he chuckles, making a kissy noise back, me hanging up, and I go back to my room to sleep.