Charlie's POV
"So, what's the dinner thing about?" Adam says "it's not actually tradition, they made it up. They're going to take you to dinner, say they are paying so you don't bring any money, then they ditch you before paying the bill." I mumble "that's mean" quietly and he rubs my hip bone gently, my back pressed against his chest as he kisses the back of my neck. I say "so, you're telling us all to ghost?" He says "yeah" and I say "I think you should tell the team what's up when we go for food in a couple hours." Adam mumbles "I will" smiling against my neck. I say "when did they plan this dinner for? I completely forgot about it until now" and he says "tomorrow I think" quietly I say "after school? I have an idea." Adam says "and what is that?" I say "what if we beat them at their own game?" Adam says "that's a good one, baby. We'll have to plan tonight." He wraps himself a little tighter around me, my hand able to come down and rest on his thigh. We talk aimlessly, half asleep, until we go to get food with the rest of the ducks. Adam starts to get up and I grab his arms mumbling "don't go." He mumbles "baby, I gotta get up" smiling against my neck and I mumble "fine" us getting up. Adam kisses my neck and I mumble "we gotta go" as I get ready to go out slowly as he kisses my neck. I groan quietly, gripping his hair. I rest my hands on his and he grips my hands at mg side. Adam has been so good to me the past few days but I'm kind of afraid that we're moving too fast. I know I shouldn't worry but I do. I mean if we're both comfortable with where we're at, I shouldn't be worrying. If we make it anymore than we are, like officially dating, there's a chance we'd be closer outside of this room. We might get outed, us accidentally outing ourselves when we aren't ready, kicked off our teams, our friends might hate us. I look down and Adam says "baby, what's wrong?" I say "are we moving too fast" and Adam says "baby, who cares? We're moving at our pace, we can move however fast or slow we feel comfortable with. We can back out whenever we want" resting his hand on my cheek. I say "it just scares me, Adam." Luis knocks heavily saying "let's go, I'm hungry." I say "alright" and Adam says  "so, we're not finishing this now?" I just walk out saying "later." He grabs his flannel and a belt mumbling "later he says" nervously yet mockingly. I glare at him and Fulton says "what happened to you two?" I say "nothing, we're good" looking at Adam and he mumbles "later Charlie says" and I say "sh" covering his mouth. When I pull my hand away, he winks at me, biting his lip. I blush and Adam says "we should go" tapping my arm and we all walk to the cafe down the street. Adam mumbles "you really get me sometimes. Such a distraction" and he's just a bit worked up for some reason. Maybe me taking control sometimes will get him like that. He likes to be in control though. If I do it sometimes though, I'll kill him. Now I know. Maybe I'll have to use this to my advantage. I smile innocently at him and he rolls his eyes, smiling slightly at me. We get to the place that we were going and Fulton mumbles "I'm gonna die of starvation" making me chuckle. Averman says "it takes three days to starve to death" and we all just look at him weirdly. I say "really?" He says "yes" us chuckling. We sit down in a booth and Adam sits next to me. Luis says "what gave you guys been doing all day?" Adam says "I had practice this morning then sleeping the rest" shrugging and I say "sleeping mostly" chuckling. We talk for awhile until Adam is talking about something and I decide to mess with him. I rest my hand on his thigh, squeezing briefly, and he shuts up immediately. I then talk like I'm unknowingly interrupting him. We keep talking until we get to the dorms. As Adam shuts the door, he pecks my lips, and I bite my lip mumbling "that was a good one." He has such a spell on me. I grab the front of his shirt and he mumbles "just relax, I got you, baby" moving his hands over me. He kisses me deeply just him rubbing my back slowly. He makes sure I feel every part of him against me as he kisses me. Adam is so lovely. He is just a gorgeous guy, inside and out. I'm scared what the future will hold but I think it'll be ok if I have him. Adam mumbles "what are you thinking about?" I say "you" smiling against his lips. He pulls me to his bed and mumbles "can we talk about earlier?" I nod saying "sure" and Adam says "what are you scared of, baby?" I say "just, what's going to happen next. I feel like if we move too fast, we'll do something like publicly we aren't comfortable. Then, we'll regret it then it just won't be great after that" quietly. He hugs me and he says "I think we should just be careful, do it how we want, and we know how to control ourselves. Don't worry about it, baby, we can be as careful as you want, ok?" I nod saying "I just don't want to do anything that either of us will regret, even though we think we're ok in the moment. Like I don't want to out us when we aren't ready. Sounds like a nightmare" quietly. He says "we can just be really careful" and I say "I just don't want my feelings to overtake us being careful." Adam says "it will be ok, Charlie. If you don't want it out, it won't be out. It's just you and me" and I kiss him. He mumbles "let me take care of you" him moving his hands against me, hot skin on skin.