Charlie's POV
Adam changes out of his stuff and puts his skates back on, pushing past the coach, and going to the rink. I sigh, walking out to the rink, and I stand just outside. I watch him for a bit then he comes over to me, tears in his eyes. I pull him in saying "talk to me" quietly and he pulls away, coming out of the rink, and he hugs me. He says "you guys are my team, I don't want to be on a team with them" quietly and I mumble "maybe you could talk to him?" He says "they might move me into the other dorm" and I say "we're in the freshman dorm, they can't move you." He mumbles "you're right" quietly and I just rub his back. He mumbles "you're my people, I get that me playing varsity is better for the scouts but I want to have fun while I play too. I'm playing for fun and so I can go pro too. It just sucks that I can't play with you or the team anymore." He pulls away and he says "they have a practice in like twenty minutes, I'm gonna stick around I guess. I'll see you later?" I sigh saying "Adam, it'll be ok" quietly, staring into his eyes. He says "but I don't want to do it" and I say "just try it, if you don't like it. Talk to coach Orion, he may hate me but he doesn't hate you." Adam leans into me a bit saying "this is why I like you" quietly, looking at my lips, and I let him kiss me. I mumble "when you get back, can we talk?" He says "am I in trouble?" I chuckle saying "no, I'll see you later" pecking his lips and I go back to our room. I sigh and I mumble "I just can't be here" getting up and I sit on the floor outside of my dorm. Luis says "whys Banksie pissed?" I say "got put on varsity" and he says "damnit" and Goldberg says "I got put as backup" and I say "not the time." Luis just looks at me saying "traitor" and I say "come on, Banks isn't a traitor, seriously?" They both shrug and Goldberg says "we'll never know" and I say "just ask him, Goldberg" shaking my head and going back into the room. I just lay there, staring at the ceiling, and I think about him. Is Adam really a traitor? No, of course he isn't. He doesn't have a choice. I roll my eyes, tiredly. He also kissed me and we just treat it as normal now. I'm very confused but I'm down with him and I have been for years. Adam is just a beautiful soul and man. I know he will make the right decisions and always do the right thing but I feel he's more worried about whats going to happen than I am. Thats what worries me. If he's worried, I'm worried. Its always been like that, I guess I'm just now noticing that. Were both connected in some way it feels but I just want him to be careful. I'm ok with him being on varsity, he's just taking opportunities it looks like. He was crying to me earlier about how he doesn't want to leave us. I'm not believing for one minutes that he's a traitor like Luis said. I'm sure the rest of the team is saying he's a traitor but I don't care, I can think whatever I damn well please. I wait for Adam to get back by doing homework and he comes in, tears streaming down his cheeks, and I say "are you ok?" I get up and I hug him, mumbling "what happened?" I rub his back as he just cries saying "they are so mean" and I say "aww, sweetheart" quietly. I move my hand through his blonde hair and he mumbles "Charlie, I'm not gonna make it through the year if I have to see these guys more than I see you." I say "what did they say to you?" He says "they said stuff about you guys and I didn't stand up for you guys and now I feel really bad, I'm so weak." I say "Adam, you are a nice person. You want people to like you, you don't want to start shit, I get it. You are ok" holding him to me. Adam mumbles "I just can't, I really don't want them saying the shit they did but it just makes me freeze up, not defend. I just feel really bad about it." I hold him against me and I let him cry into me softly till he starts getting a bit tired. I say "lets get you to bed" quietly and he holds me tighter mumbling "no." I mumble "Adam, go to bed" and he says "you wanted to talk to me?" I nod and Adam says "what's that?" He wipes his eyes and we both sit on our own beds, facing each other. I tap his foot with mine gently and he looks up at me saying "what did you want to say, love?" I blush lightly, saying "I, I, wanted to say that we just kissed then pretend that nothing happened." He says "and? Sorry, that sounded mean, carry on" quietly. I say "I like you, Adam but I want more. Its not just a kiss to me." Adam looks up and he sits next to me, resting his hand on my thigh, and he says "I was going to bring that up but I just had to get over my nerves" quietly. Adam says "I didn't do it just to kiss you, I did it because I like you not just me being impulsive." I blush saying "so, what do we do now?" He moves to sit next to me saying "I think we should just go with it" putting his arm around my neck. I turn my head, him leaning in, and gently kissing me. I mumble "sounds good to me" leaning into him a bit more.