Chapter 21 - Genesis of Light

Start from the beginning

"I trust you, Master. I trust in the Force. Give me wisdom and guidance."

At once, Jolis closed his eyes and focused on his breathing.

Calming his spirit, Jolis carefully stretched out with his feelings as he began to feel the Force circulating around him.

There was a calmness now that Jolis hadn't previously felt; a stillness of his mind which was a stark contrast from his previous build attempts.

A quiet confidence rested upon Jolis as he mentally set himself aside. All of his skills he'd acquired throughout his life had gotten him far but there were some mysteries which required a higher understanding.

The mysteries of the Force were something he wasn't sure he would ever be able to fully comprehend. Although there were deeper truths and untold secrets, Jolis knew that not every mystery was meant to be uncovered by him. As he passed on this knowledge throughout his years, he knew others would follow in his footsteps in an ever-vigilant effort to maintain balance in the Force. What he was beginning here in this very moment would be carried on for generations.

In his mind, Jolis began to see brief glimpses of light along with silhouettes of two figures. The figures seemed shrouded, however. Tried as he might, Jolis couldn't visualize who or what they were. What he could see revealed that one figure was significantly larger than the other.

A familiar presence suddenly came to Jolis' consciousness. Fear swept over him as well as a flood of dark memories. The larger figure seemed to loom about him; a monstrous malevolence attempting to cast its will of pure evil upon the smaller figure.

He then heard strange sounds of what seemed like pure energy quickly moving about as the smaller figure went on the attack. Able to see a weapon of pure light dancing about, it cut with lethal efficiency as its wielder tore through the monstrosity before it. With a rush of energy, the blade vanished into the hilt with a sharp hisssst.

The sound from his mind seemed to free him from his vision causing Jolis to quickly open his eyes.

What he saw filled his soul with wonder.

Floating before him, the numerous pieces of the weapon he's previously laid on the ground seemed to be fitting together with perfection. With graceful and careful movements, each piece slid into place and connected properly.

Through the Force, Jolis was allowing himself and his abilities to step aside. What he had been trying to accomplish was impossible on his own but through the Force...

The components glided into place and with a final click, the two outer housing pieces connected together around the activation plate.

The weapon—now fully assembled—hovered before Jolis.

He reached out his hand but even before he could grab it, he felt the power of the Sun'ari within it. The energy held inside the device which floated in front of him pulsated with power. What's more is that he began to feel a connection to it. Almost spiritual in a sense, this bond he felt was small but nonetheless there.

The weapon called to him. There was a longing Jolis could sense in it.

Feeling as if every step had led him towards this moment, Jolis extended his hand and grasped the handle.

As before, the hilt felt heavy but manageable. He stood to his feet as he visually inspected the device, more so out of habit.

Although his previous attempt at the build had yielded an assembled—albeit non-functional—weapon, the one he currently held in his hand felt strong and sturdy. As if built by a master, the solid weapon gave Jolis confidence in what he was about to do.