1- Shayna

Chapter-1

Dear Diary,

I'm sorry I haven't written to you in a while, things have been hectic to say the least. I just came back from Seattle to visit mom and dad for the weekend and hopefully gain some insight on what's been happening. The reason I'm here, in my old room, writing to you is because I have been very agitated for quite some time and I need to let it out somehow. As you know, I started Uni in September and I'm still not 18 yet, which sucks. The good news is that I will be in a few days time on 15th of this month and then I can finally go and get myself an apartment and stop coming home every time. I do love my family but you know how overbearing and dysfunctional they can get.

Anyways, back to the reason I'm writing to you is because I feel agitated. Every since we came back from the trip to England in the summers, I have been feeling like I'm being followed. I don't know if this is my imagination or not. When I walk along the street coming back from work, I hear footsteps behind me but when I turn around there is no one there, that's the weird part. Also, for the few days I have been home, I swear I lock my windows AND draw my curtains FULLY. However when I wake up the curtain is drawn apart and the lock on the window is open. I told mum about this, but she it's only my imagination and I know, with no proof, I can't ask for legal help. To be honest I am starting to believe all this is in my head. Maybe I do leave the lock open and maybe I don't draw my curtain shut at night. I feel very scared but maybe I'm being paranoid like everyone is at some point-

"Shayna! Come down, it's almost noon! You have been up there since morning girl!"

-sorry diary, I have to go, mum is calling and we all know what happens if we don't listen to her. I'm sorry I don't write much often, but I think I will now.

Yours truly,

Shayna.

I place my pen in my dairy and close it shut. Standing up from my position on the window seat I make my way across my room to my desk. I don't have a dresser; my mum hates them, only a huge mahogany wardrobe at the side of the room. I place my dairy in my bottom drawer and straighten up to walk out of them room. My eyes land on my calendar and I feel almost feverish as I realize only two days left until October the fifteenth, my eighteenth.

I walk out of the room with a smile on my face and descend the mahogany stairs to our living room. Before I enter, I hear the arguments and complain of my brothers and my father and the annoyed remarks of my mother.

I enter to see my father and my two younger twin brothers watching the football game. All of them have blue eyes and dark hair and they are a bit buff. Honestly I'm not a fan of American football, I'd much rather watch a Laliga BBVA or Barclays Premier League, yeah; European football is what I'm talking about!

My mother's green eyes light up as she sees me and I smile on instinct. That's what I have always done, if anyone, even a stranger makes eye contact with me, I smile, just like that, creepy, I know.

"Thank God! My daughter, why don't you and I start on some dinner, I have been dying with no girl in the house!"

"Of curse mum, let's go!"

My mom is the one with the mint green eyes, a sweet smile always on her plum lips and light brown hair. She is 5'3" and very fit just by the way. I get all my features from my mum except my nose, I get that from my dad and I'm three inch taller than her, making me 5'6".The twins have every feature of my dad's with the exception of my mum's nose.

My mum and I walk arm in arm into the kitchen, and she immediately gets started on making food, while giving me orders on how to help her. She tells me all the news and gossips around the neighborhood and the many friends she has.