"Hmm….Weird, indeed…."

Talking to myself as I pressed a few more buttons to pull up the holographic blueprint of the ship, which was probably older then I was but that was also just me stating the obvious here, my eyes widened in surprise when the blueprint hologram formed before my very eyes just above the control panel and the acid in my stomach churned like I had ingested something terrible when I saw the multiple blinking red lights displayed across the blueprint.

Because it wasn't as much of a blueprint as I thought, it was basically the current layout of the ship as it visually listed what was wrong with the engineered spacecraft.

And boy, there were more problems than I was expecting or prepared to find out about.

Oh no, this was much worse than just a simple damaged engine turbine because, as it turns out, there was also a breach of oxygen in quite a few of the oxygen supply tanks and the cabin was currently running low on oxygen, lower than it was supposed to be.

Almost as low as when I was back on the Celestial and started hallucinating because I wasn't getting enough oxygen to my brain.

That's trauma at it's kindest, folks.

The type of trauma where you don't even know when something's wrong until the bad thing is over with and you're left in a daze, confused as to what even happened in the first place.

"No…No, there can't be a leak in the oxygen tanks. It wouldn't make any sense, I would've died by now."

I rationalized aloud which, in hindsight, only made me look crazier from another perspective but I shook my head to clear those thoughts, there was just no logical way that the oxygen tanks were leaking and hadn't exploded upon impact when they were supposedly damaged.

There was no just way and I had to be right about my assumption that maybe the ship's database was wrong, that maybe the only thing other than the engine turbines getting fucked up was the computer system that analyzed the data of every inch, nook and crevice of this spaceship.

But that was the furthest thing from reality.

And I was, once again, wrong in my assumptions.

Because the next thing I knew, the sides of the ship were violently shaking back and forth and I had to clutch desperately onto the edge of the control panel to keep from being tossed around like a ragdoll.

My head spun as I tried to gain my bearings, teeth clattering together as I looked around for the sign of the abrupt turbulence.

What the hell is going on now?

We're not entering something strange like an asteroid field or growing close to a comet so what the fuck is happening?

"Mabel….My Mabel…"

All of the sudden, Mama's voice drifted through my ears and I shook my head again.

No, I couldn't be hearing Mama right now, she wasn't on the Calypso with me, it was physically impossible for her to be with me at this exact moment.

My eyes snapped shut as I tried to drown out all the other distractions and focus on my breathing as my chest grew tighter and tighter with every inhale of oxygen that I struggled to gasp in and shudder out with every exhale.

"No…No. This isn't real, it isn't real."

I tried to convince myself of this factual knowledge and for a moment there, I was pretty sure that everything inside of me and outside my body was beginning to calm down.

That is, until I felt the ghastly cold touch of a hand on my shoulder, a touch that chilled me to my very core and I let out a shriek as I turned around while attempting to fling the chill off my skin.