Real life//Morgan

KATHERINE'S POV:

I woke up in the middle of the night, once again, sweating and trashing because of an awful nightmare. It's been a long time since I last had one, but I guess I couldn't be free forever. Already knowing that I wouldn't go back to sleep, I tried and detached myself from Loki's (really tight) hold, and went out of my room as quietly as possible.

How is he still asleep? He must've been tired

Once I was in the kitchen and after turning the lights on, I went to grab a glass of water -or vodka; whatever I found first-, but then I heard the sound of a pair of feet making their way to my direction, hitting lightly against the cold floor. I got scared for a second, until I saw a beautiful little girl in Iron Man pj's, her hair in all places, as if she just woke up, looking right up at me. She was brunette, and had the cutest brown doe eyes I've seen.

-Hi- I start quietly -Who are you sweety?

-Who are you?- she asked back.

Well if this isn't a smarty little kid -I asked you first...- but I'm cocky, too.

She seemed to consider it for a minute -Fair; I's Morgan.

OMG She's one of my soulmates' daughters!

I knew the story behind each of their kids and the circumstances in which they were born, but I hadn't met them yet, since Casie's biological mum wanted to take her on holidays and she was so kind of taking all her siblings with them; they didn't tell me they got back here already, though.

-Hi Morgan, I'm Katherine.

-Are you my mommies and daddies las piece?

-That I am- I chuckled at the way she said it.

When I answered her, she immediately came to me and hugged my legs; I was startled for a minute, until I hugged her back.

When she separated from me, she made grabby hands for me to hold her up, which was by far the most precious thing. I brought her to my eye level and she followed the conversation -Are you my new mommy?

What?!

I choked on air and thought about what I could say; I mean, I've only been here for some days, and I don't think my soulmates would feel so comfortable with their daughter calling me mom.

-I...

-I wike to have another mommy. I wove aaaall my mommies and daddies.

Awwww

-Really? Well I love all your mommies and daddies, too; so so so much- I tickled her and she giggled -Now, little miss, will you tell me what you are doing up at 1:00 a.m?

-I had a bad wream- she pouted.

-Well, can I tell you a secret?- she nodded and I whispered -I had a bad dream, too, but you know what helps me when I can't sleep?- she shook her head -A glass of warm milk and some company, do you want me to fetch you some milky?

What can I say? That doesn't work for me, but you can't give vodka to a child, and I heard for some people it works

-Yes, pwese.

I put her on the countertop, and she sat there wriggling her tiny legs front and back, while I put some milk in a pot and left it to heat.

-What were you doing wandering around the compound, Morg? It can be dangerous, especially during the night, and all alone-

-I don't wike to sweep alone, but some of my mommies and daddies are on a mission, my brothers and sisters were asweep, and I wanted my daddy Tony, but I didn't find him.