Real life//Nightmare

TW: MENTIONS OF PAST ABUSE

<~~•°•~~>

KATHERINE'S POV

I woke up in the middle of the night, again, all covered in sweat and shaking, but I couldn't give it time to calm myself down, because Nat and Wanda were sleeping in the same bed as me. They are so many in the group, they never want one of them to sleep alone. Of course the others wanted me to sleep with them too, but I felt more comfortable with the girls, and they respected that.

Weirdly, since I have Wanda and Tasha in bed with me, I've been sleeping better, but tonight's nightmare was out of control.

It wasn't a nightmare, no, it was a memory. One of the many times I had him overpowering me.

I has to get out of bed, but I was surrounded... By a witch and a superspy.

I slowly climb out out of bed, trying to detach myself from their hold. They might not seem like it, but they loooove cuddles, specially Tasha. I make it to the door and look back a little to check that I didn't actually woke them up, and then I'm out of the room.

Why is it so damn dark? Oh right, 'cause it's three in the fucking morning

When I reach the kitchen in this floor, or what I think is the kitchen -seriously, not a single light-, I ask F.R.I.D.A.Y to turn a light on. She does, and I almost have a heart attack when I see James sitting on the kitchen island.

-Fuck! James what the bloody hell?!- I whisper yell.

-Lenguage, doll- he giggled.

Ugh, why does he have to be so cute?

-Stevie's growing on you- I laughed when he pouted.

-I mean, we've been together for like a hundred years...- he smiled softly. They love eachother so much -What are you doing up doll?

-Couldn't sleep; you?

-Same.

There was a slightly uncomfortable silence. I knew he wanted to ask a question, but I didn't want to answer, so..

-Do you wanna talk about it?- he asked.

Well, that was... better than I expected

-Not really; do you want to tell me what got you up?

-Just... memories.

-Of HAYDRA?- I didn't realize I asked until the damage was done -Shit! Sorry, I didn't mean to...

-It's fine, doll- he took a deep breath -Yes, of HYDRA. I always have them, but don't tell anyone; they think it doesn't happen anymore.

-Why would they think that?

-Because that's what I told them- he shrugged -;plus, they don't appear as often.

-Well, I can't really say anything, cus I don't want you to tell them you saw me neither.

-I don't tell if you don't tell.

-Deal.

I went to the fridge to grab a bottle of water, then back to standing in front of James.

-Can I ask you a question?- he continued -and no, that's not the question- I knew I didn't have a valid reason to say no, so I nodded softly -Are you afraid of us?

What?

-I don't...

-I'm not talking 'bout all of us. I mean us, men- oh no, oh no no no no, tell me he didn't find out.