Real life//Dumbass

KATHERINE'S POV

For the next two days, we spent our time talking and getting to know eachother better. They were Avengers, so there was a lot of stories of missions and overall risky moments.

If I was being honest, I was a little worried about the dangers they faced on a daily basis, but of course I can't say anything, 'cause it's their job.

They also tried to include me on everything they did. Training, for example, was entretaining; I learned Tasha, Steve, Sam and Bucky are very competitive in hand to hand combat, and that neither of them is a really good loser. Then, Wanda, Pietro, Loki and Thor liked to practice with their powers more; they have special rooms where the can do it safely and let go... partially. Clint was good in hand to hand combat too, but he preferred to practice aiming with every type of weapon (specifically his bow and arrows). T'Challa and Scott did their training, too, but they were more into using their suits and exploring what they could do with them, so they had to be very careful. Last but not least, Bruce, Tony and Peter; Peter trained a lot, but he also had patrolling and Lab time, which the three of them loved.
I felt as if Pete was trying to compensate for the fact that he was the youngest (well, until me). He didn't have to, but he pushed himself to his limits and beyond, but I guess it is something he feels confortable with.

I was also fascinated with the lab when they showed it to me. Truth is, I'm really smart; it isn't something I say just because I'm cocky, but science says too. I have photographic memory, and an IQ score of 150. I finished high school early, at fourteen, and at fifteen I was already enlisted in college. I assisted online and got my masters in chemical and biological engineering, and physics in Princeton University also early, at the end of last year. No-one knew that, though, and the press could never find out. I was planning on telling my soulmates, but I didn't think it was the moment. Tony was having the time of his life 'explaining' to me what every single machine and artefact do, and Bruce tried to 'teach me' how to look through a microscope; it was adorable, so I decided I'll wait to tell them until I think it's not going to be much of a shock.

I was still trying to avoid physical contact more than hugs or pecks on my forehead and cheeks. I think they were starting to sense something was off with me, but I had to play it off as nothing. It wasn't like I didn't want to kiss them, and feel them, and trust them, but every time something as such was about to happen, I would get a flashback or start panicking, which scared more than one of them.

INCOMING CALL...
From 'Dumbass🖕'

ACCEPT

-Hey Timmy, what up?

-Wow, can't a brother call her sister cus he misses her?

-A normal brother? Yes. You? What do you want?

-Okay, got me. Is everything okay with you there?

-Yeah, why r u asking?

-You sure? Nothing out of normal?

-They told you didn't they?

-*silence*

fuck

-It's fine, Timmy. I won't get mad

-They r worried, Kittykat, and I am too. It's been a long time since you had a panic attack, let alone so many in such a short period.

maybe you just didn't know it

-yeah, I know. It's been some busy days, that's all

-I know, but still
*Sighs*
-Look, I haven't told anyone else, and I'm not going to if you don't want me to, but maybe it is time for you to reconsider therapy...

-Timmy, I didn't go to therapy then, I won't go now. I'm fine, I swear; it's just the anxiety

-Fine, but you can always change your mind, and if those superheros of yours make you uncomfortable, just call me; let me know and I'll go for you.

*smiles* my brother

-Yeah, I will

-M'kay
Bye asshat

-Bye dumbass

CALL ENDED

<~~•°•~~>

-You accused me with my brother!- I yelled when I reached the living room in the common area.

I wasn't angry at them, but I wasn't specially happy neither, so I might as well have some fun in the meantime.

-We...- Clint started, but I raised my hand at him signaling for him to stop.

-...I'll tell you what, I can't believe how you were capable of doing this to me! Getting my brother involved in our relationship was a no no from the start, and you go and taletell.

-We're sorry, милашка, but we're worried about you.

-That doesn't give you the right to give away something private that happened to me. Snitches end up in ditches, Avengers.

They all went quiet and somber, and I felt like I'd had enough fun; I smiled.

-I was kidding, I'm not mad- I saw the relief wash over them -Buuuuut, that doesn't mean I'm happy about it, neither. I just know I can't blame you for being worried, and you must think I don't trust you enough to talk about it, but I'll need you to trust me too when I say this- I took a deep breath -I do trust you, and I want more than anything to be with you in every way possible, but I... Sometimes things happen, and they scar us; you know that more than anyone. I thought I was over it, but I clearly wasn't. I just know that it isn't something I want to or can talk about. Maybe I will one day- I hope -, but not yet. Can you accept that? For me?

They seemed to think about it for a moment, then nodded almost at the same time.

-We trust you, babydoll. And you're right, maybe it wasn't that fair to go to your brother, but we still want to be sure you're out of danger- Steve said.

-And I really appreciate that, but there's nothing about this putting me in danger now.

-Okay, sweetheart. Then we'll stop bothering you with it- T'Challa added.

I went to hug him and then sit with them all at the sofas.

-You'll never bother me- They smiled at that; like real, heartwarming smiles -Now let's watch a movie; maybe if we star choosing now, we'll have it by noon.