chapt 35 • Eyes

Start from the beginning

"Isn't that what you should be doing? Going to your lecture" I enter the room and the Professor hands us both books and I sit in my seat while he sits in the one right behind me.

"Six more days," I say to myself.

"I hate this, I always get nervous when she says she needs to talk

"I hate this, I always get nervous when she says she needs to talk. It's either her scaring me half to death because she thinks it's cute when I'm freaking out when she does a long pause, or it's her telling me she wants to do something I enjoy" Charolette paces herself back and forth in my room.

"Last time she took me on a picnic and then we went to look at puppies but she hates puppies because she's more of a cat person, she showed me a picture of her cat and it's so cute"—

"I'm sorry, I always ramble when it comes to her" She finally sits on the bed beside me.

"It's fine, seeing you like this is entertaining and way better than showing around the new guy" I bit into one of the raspberry heart-shaped cookies Charolette made.

"The new guy? Oh! I saw you two in the halls earlier, Madeline thinks you two are sneaking around and that since you both have tattoos you're getting along a bit too well."

"Madeline also believes I'm interested in her brother, I mean maybe I purposely flirted with him in front of her to piss her off but that's only because she's made it her job to figure everything about my life" I scoot further on the bed and put the duvet on my lap.

Charolette then looks down at the freshly baked cookies on her lap. "What is it?" when she doesn't answer I keep looking at her, when she raises her head to look at me she quickly looks away.

"Your eyes are very intimidating!" She puts the cookies on the table next to her and stands up.

"Are you going to tell me?" She sighs.

"I um.. well I heard her talking about how you would sleep with anyone who flirts with you and the only reason why her brother shows interest in you is because your some sex addict" She blabbers out quickly and starts to bite on her bottom lip.

"I have never had someone so obsessed with my life other than my Grandma. It's a sad thing honestly, that she thinks so low of me that I would sleep with someone like her brother" I reach over for another cookie.

"You're not upset? I thought you'd be trying to go and confront her about this" Charolette sits back down.

"Everything she said was a lie, even if she and whoever else thinks otherwise. I know it's a lie. Besides, I wouldn't call myself a sex addict, if I was a sex addict we would not be sitting here eating cookies right now" Charolette pauses when she bites into her cookie.