8. The Video Store

"I'm sorry, but who are Steve and Robin?" You ask, pushing open the video store door.

It was filled with tapes, old and new. Your mother had never allowed you to rent films so you'd never been in here before. It looked really cool.

When you turned back to look at Dustin, he replied with 'You'll see." A fat grin was plastered on his face.

"Henderson!"

You immediately spun around to see a familiar boy, accompanied by a pretty looking girl.

"You meant Steve Harrington?" Your eyes widened as you turned to Dustin, surprised.

"Yup," Dustin gave you a toothless grin before jumping over the counter to stand with Steve and who you assumed must be Robin.

Steve looked shocked by the sudden appearance but looked even more shocked when he noticed you as well.

"Y/n? You're friends with Dustin? No way!" Steve gave you a warm smile almost immediately after.

"I guess I am now," You shrugged, managing a smile in return.

"Was that an insult, Harrington?" Dustin joked, making you all grin.

"You.. know each other?" Max seemed surprised as well.

"Yeah, he used to go out with Ch.. Chrissy."

You couldn't quite bring yourself to say her name without feeling the sadness wash over you again.

"Your sister got around, didn't she?" Dustin said.

This was true. She had gone out with many boys in the past. Steve Harrington and Billy Hargrove were just two of them. And you guessed that Jason was the last.

"I guess." You shrugged, "So, uh, we need you guys' help."

Dustin was already looking around in the drawers and scanning through the computer. It was like the video store was his second home.

"Dustin, don't mess the place up, it's Saturday, you could've messed around on a Monday maybe but we have lots of customers today so..." Steve began but Dustin cut him off.

"This is important." He responded, not taking his eyes off the computer, "It's to do with the murder. Max will tell you about it."

"Oh shit I've seen that on TV, do you know who was killed?" Robin's eyes widened. She seemed like a nice person.

"Uh yeah," Max replied, looking at you wearily. "Chrissy Cunningham."

"No way!" Steve exclaimed, glancing towards you.

You felt extremely uncomfortable as everyone kept staring at you. So you quickly added..

"Uh, we need phones, we need to find Eddie, Dustin wanted to call a ton of his friends to see where he is."

"Eddie... Munson?" Robin asked, raising her eyebrows, "Why him?"

"I'll explain everything." Max sighed before telling them the whole situation that Eddie might be being framed for this murder and that maybe it had to do with the upside down.

"And Y/n knows about the upside down?" Steve asked, looking towards you.

"Yeah, I guess she's one of us now." Max said.

And for the first time in a while, you felt a genuine smile creep onto your face. And it stayed.