Chapter 4 : pirates

Start from the beginning

A few moments earlier at the quarter deck.

"No you are moving towards north not Northwest" Valerie said glaring at Mingi
"No I'm not, I've been following your instructions step by step since you have got over here so it's obviously your fault" Mingi said glaring at her.
"Are you saying I'm bad at giving instructions?" She said putting her hand on her chest clearly annoyed.
"I didn't say anything, you did" Mingi said teasing her.
"That's enough, I will take over the helm, move aside" she said ordering Mingi.
"Why would I even listen to you?!" He shouted glaring at her.
"Because it was my idea going in this lane!" She shouted glaring back at him.

The both of them kept going like that for good amount of time until Yeosang decided to middle.
"Enough both of you!" He shouted startling them and gaining their attention.
"I'm going to take over the helm since you both can't get along" he said firmly.
"but-" mingi tried to argue but he was cut off by Yeosang "shhh" he said putting his index finger on his mouth.
"I-"
"Shhhhhhh"

He didn't let Mingi continue talking and took the helm from him making him stand beside him.
"Okay I will move the wheel according to your instructions and if there is anything wrong the blame will fall on you" he said looking at Valerie and she nods her head starting to give him instructions.

"Now turn the wheel about 12 degrees to the right" she ordered looking at the compass.
"Now 3 to the left" she said glancing for the last time at the compass then sighed.
"We are now at the right lane, phew" she said whipping a fake sweat from her forehead.

"It's not the time to relax yet" Yeosang said focusing ahead of him.
"What do you mean?" Mingi questioned.
"You thought I would listen to a mere stranger depending just on luck?" He asked Mingi who is now confused.
"Then, why did you listen to me?" She asked looking at him.
He smirked and said "Tsunami".

This word panicked Valerie and confused mingi.
"You mean the Tsunami wave?" Mingi questioned looking at both of them.
"No, not the wave but the storm" she told Mingi and turned her head towards the main deck.

"Everybody hold on to something really quick or you might end up flying out of the ship!!!" She shouted as loud as she could and held onto the quarter deck's edge.
The ship then started moving fast almost flying surprising the whole crew making them cling even harder to the ship.

After 10 minutes....

The ship stopped in the middle of nowhere not knowing where they are.
"Captain! We are safe for now!" Yeosang shouted from the quarter deck being the only one standing still on the ship.
The rest of the crew are laying down on their backs not being able to move from the sudden impact.

"Captain! Are you alive?!" Yeosang shouted checking on his captain.
"KIM HONGJOONG!!!" He shouted loudly.
"Yes dammit!!!!" The captain shouted at him.
"I was just pulling myself together" hongjoong said trying to stand up on his legs.
After regaining his balance he announced "Ok, let's check if anybody is missing" hongjoong said putting both his hands on his waist.

"Seonghwa!!!!!" He shouted.
"Here..." seonghwa answered not being able to left his hand.
"Yunho!!!!"
"Here" he answered from the forecast deck
"Yeosang!!!"
"Here" he answered cheerfully being the only one standing.
"San!!!!"
"Here" he answered from the crow nest almost dead.
"Mingi!!!!"
"Here" he answered laying on the quarter deck next to Yeosang.
"Wooyoung!!!!"

"......."silence took over the ship.

"Wooyoung!!!"the captain shouted again but there was no response.
"Dammit, did he fall in th-" he got cut when he heard banging on the wood under his legs.
"I'm down here!!!" A voice shouted under the main deck making the captain sigh in relief.
"You scared the shit out of me"

"Jongho!!!!!"
"Here" he answered standing up from the forecast deck.
"and lastly, The uninvited stranger!!!"
"You could've used some flattering words at least" she answered standing next to Yeosang still feeling nauseous.
"I'm a pirate, I don't use flatter words."
He said still annoyed with her presence.

"I think he is angry at you" Yeosang said watching his captain who is now helping the crew standing up.
"You think?, he is clearly unpleasant by my presence itself" she said and glanced at Mingi who is struggling to stand up.
"Let me help you" she said going towards mingi helping him stand up.
She held his right arm and put it on her shoulder letting him lean on her.
"Thanks, and don't worry about the captain he is just a little bit stubborn"
He said standing with her help.

"So, how did you know a storm was coming?"
Valerie asked yeosang letting Mingi stand on his own.
"It was calm"he said.
"What was calm?" Mingi questioned.
"The sea" he answered looking at mingi then back to front.

"If you had noticed, the ship stood still in it's place for about 10 seconds before it started flying." He said smiling at him.
"Still, it's not enough information to know what is coming, Tsunami Storms are a rare natural phenomenon that only happens in the Erebus ocean"
It's not like she's totally ignorant about the human world, she just never been in it before.

"You're right, partly" he said smiling.
"Tsunami Storms happen also between Erebus and Talay ocean but in a very rare circumstances"

"I see but still, it's amazing how you knew what it was" she said still amazed by his knowledge.
"Well, this man over here is our sea artist" Mingi said putting an arm around Yeosang's shoulders.
"And he is the best of the best" Mingi said smiling widely like a proud father.
"Stop, I'm not" Yeosang said pushing mingi to the side.
"I just happened to know a lot of information" he said slightly blushing.
"Also it's not me who suggested this lane" he said looking at Valerie smiling taking her off guard.
"I only followed my hunch" she said scratching the back of her neck and smiling.

"Attention everybody!!!!" The captain shouted.
"I want MY crew all gathered in my cabin in 5 minutes" Hongjoong ordered and left the main deck heading towards his cabin.