"I met her when I was visiting my brother. I was 17 at the time. Luna was here to help her sister move in. But of course, she was off drawing." He says, with a small laugh.

I wanted to ask who Luna was, but if I was to say anything, I knew he would shut down.

"She was the most gorgeous woman I had ever laid eyes on. I had climbed up here to smoke, but I saw her. At that moment, I knew that I wanted to get to know her. Everything about her, the way her voice sounded, her middle name, if her eyes were green or brown." He says, looking as though he is looking back at the memory.

"She was like a fresh breath of air. But I was greedy." His jaw clenched and he looked down at his hands. I wanted to ask so many questions, but I didn't want to push him.

 ༻ғʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ༺

༻ғʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ༺

'Senses I'm not going to be around. You can't do anything stupid.' My brother's words run through my head. He wants me to be perfect like him. Everyone wants me to act like my brother. But I can't.

'Why can't you be like your brother?'

'Can you just be normal for once?'

'You're 17, Owen, so act like it.'

Everyone's words are just too much. Everything is just too much.

As I pull out the lighter from my pocket and light my cigarette, I spot something move from my peripheral vision.

I looked down from the brick wall I was sitting on, noticing a girl.

Her long dark brown hair is what I noticed first. The white ribbon holding her hair back is what I noticed next. Then the sketch pad was next. She had the end of her pencil between her full lips.

I silently watched as she smiled and continued drawing whatever it was she was drawing.

Her smile was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. All of the bad and intruding thoughts were wiped clean from my mind.

She leaned her head back on the large oak tree she was sitting against. And again she smiled.

I never knew that a single smile could make my heart quicken. At first, I thought something was wrong with me; maybe I was about to have a heart attack.

"You know, there could be a bear." Her head snapped up at my words, and the smile on her face faded.

She gasped lightly as I hopped off of the brick wall. "What are you drawing?" I asked, pointing to the sketch pad that she was holding.

Her brown eyes wandered up and down my body before she gulped. "Nothing." She spoke softly. I felt my lips tilt up slightly before I quickly looked away.

"What is your name?" My eyes wandered back to her, taking in every detail that I could before saying. "Owe– Scott." I don't know why I wanted her to call me by my first name.

No one uses my first name, but I wanted her to. It made me feel like I was a different person.

"Scott." The way my name rolled off of her tongue sent a fuzzy feeling in my stomach. "I'm Luna." She said it softly. It came out so quietly that I could barely hear it.

Luna.

The smile faded and he hopped off of the wall, leaving me outside

The smile faded and he hopped off of the wall, leaving me outside. I let out a sigh before making my way back inside the building. Instead of going to Alyssa's dorm, I head over to the library.

I pull out my phone and send Alyssa a text.

Me: Tell everyone I'll see them later.

Alyssa😏: Why? are you going to go see lover boy?

Me: No

Me: I'm just going to the library.

Alyssa😏: Hmm sure gorgeous

Alyssa😏: Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

I roll my eyes and slip my phone back into my pocket. Walking into the familiar empty library to find August putting books away. "Hello, my bookworm." I say, leaning against the bookshelf next to him.

My eyes landed on the spot where his tattoo was. I smiled when I saw it."What are you smiling at?" August said, looking down at me.

"Are you doing anything for fall break?" I randomly asked. August shook his head and placed another book on its shelf.

I take a book from the cart, helping him put some books away before I say. "Then I have an idea."

August looked down at me with a slight grin, almost like he was trying to hide it. "When do you not have ideas?" I rolled my eyes playfully.

"God you're beautiful." August says, looking down at my lips before looking back up.

Butterflies swarm my stomach when his hand lightly wraps around my throat, tilting my head up. When his lips meet mine, my mind goes hazy.

The kiss was soft and slow. He pulled away slightly, just enough to press his forehead to mine. "What was your idea?" He whispered.

"Well, my idea has changed." I laughed at the blush that was forming on his freckled cheeks.

"I-I" I shut him up by pulling him to me. August groans into the kiss before pushing me into the book shelf.

His hands tangled in my hair, causing me to sigh into his mouth. When a thud echoed through the quiet library, he pulled away.

His lips were parted slightly as he tried to catch his breath. "W-what was your other idea." He stammers as he looks away from me.

I smirked, shaking my head, and leaned down to pick up the book that had fallen onto the floor.

"I was thinking that maybe you could come with me to visit my grandparents." Out of the corner of my eye, I could see him slowly turning to look at me. I turned to meet his gaze. His eyes were wide.

"You don't have to." I feel the disappointment bubbling up in my gut. I want him to come with me. I think that I would probably lose my mind being away from him for a few days.

God, I sound pathetic.

"Never mind, just forget what I said." I said in a panic. I watched as something flashed in August's eyes.

"I'll go. I w-want to go with you."

What did you think of Owens past and can you guesswhat happened to him?

what happened to him?

Thought on this chapter.

Just to let you guess know Owen is bisexual but he is still confused.

Sorry if this chapter isn't the best.