10 - The Sleepover

࿐ྂ CHAPTER PLAYLIST ࿐ྂ

» [Lovers Rock - TV Girl] «
       0:03 ────── 2:39
   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹  

» [Fade Into You - Mazzy Star] «
        0:03 ────── 2:39       ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹  

WIRT'S POV:
Dear Mental Diary,
Dipper and I are having a sleepover. This is not a drill.

~

Dipper had asked me if I wanted to sleep over his house, and I gladly accepted. I honestly wasn't expecting him to like me enough to let me spend the night over his house, and my heart was beating into a million different ways.

I had brought the costume tape I made him in my backpack just in case I finally had the confidence to show him it; or if I finally confessed my love for him.

Uh oh, got a little carried away there.

We started the night just messing around and talking about our interests. We sat on the floor, our backs against his bed, looking to the side so we could make eye contact. I told him about clarinet; and he told me about the books he's read.

"Some day you have to serenade me with your clarinet." Dipper smirked, elbowing me.

I turned a bright red at that sudden remark. "W-Well I- I could play for you if you.. wanted—" I began to stutter.

"I'd love to watch you play, Wirt." Dipper said, making direct eye contact with me.

He wasn't normally so forward, so the change of pace was making me really flustered. I was all for it, but — Wow, this was a side of Dipper I've never seen.

I stared back at him, admiring every part of him. His eyes were a prettier shade of brown than mine, as his were lighter. Any light that was within his view would bounce of his iris, creating an auburn glow to shine throughout his eyes. His button nose complimented his round cheeks, covered in various freckles and little spots of acne.

He wasn't what one would call "flawless," but that's part of what made him so attractive to me.

My eyes dropped down to his hands. He was sitting to the left of me as we sat against his bed on the hardwood floor. His hand furthest from me rested flat on the floor in a high-five, and his closest was holding his thigh as he sat. He had such delicate hands. They looked worn and overworked, yet beautiful.

I couldn't help but blush when I had the chance to look him like this.

I looked back up to make eye contact with him, as he was probably awaiting for some sort of response. He was already looking into my eyes when I shifted my glance, so we were making direct eye contact.

We kept our gaze for what felt like an eternity, taking some breaks in between to let ourselves see every part of each other. 

"Your eyes are.. really..." I began.

"Really....?" Dipper cocked his head to the side.

"Beautiful." I spat out.

DIPPER'S POV:
"You— you really like my eyes?" I giggled, blushing like crazy.

I can't believe Wirt said that — was that?? flirting??

"Yeah, there's a lot about you to like." Wirt smiled as I smacked my hand against my face to cover how flustered I was.