Chapter 17

My birthday is June 1st so happy birthday to me!

No way he got me a frickin cat, and I said I love you. To be honest I wasn't expecting him to say it back. I'm glad I said it I meant it. And we ate spaghetti and meatballs. He's literally perfect. I can't believe I used to hate him. He told me to get ready and that a lot of people are coming. I packed a whole suitcase of party dresses. And I didn't realize that they are all green and some black but green's my color according to Loki. I'm surprised at how many parties they have. I'm sitting on my bed with Meatball, the cutest kitten in the world. I just have a robe on. I've done my hair now. I just need to figure out what to wear. I go through my suitcase and it's perfect. It is a really nice green and it's shiny. This birthday has been the best already. I put on the dress and look in the mirror. I think I make it look good.

I teleport to Loki's room.

"Do I look good?" I asked him.

"You look absolutely amazing," he responds

"So do you," I say. He just wore a black dress shirt and matching black pants along with a tie.

"You ready the guest should be here any minute."

"Yes," I responded. He looks at me one more time and kisses me.

"Hey Loki, I need to tell you something," I said to him. His face looks very concerned. "I've never told anyone about this, not even Peter. I had this boyfriend back in sophomore year. I didn't go to the same high school as Peter at that time, so I never really bothered telling him. Even though I basically saw Peter every day my whole life. Jack was his name he used to hit me. Every single thing I did he made me feel bad about it. Every single thing he did wrong was my fault." I say as I start choking up. I see Loki's face turn angry as I've never seen him before.

"It's okay, I'm here, no one will ever touch you again." he says, grabbing my head and kissing it, his eyes tearing up just a little."I will find him and ruin him."

"Loki just wait." I feel the tears coming out. "Don't tell anyone, dont say anything. I just needed to tell you I've been holding it in so long. I thought I loved him but that wasn't love. It was so hard to talk to someone after him. He wouldn't let me. When we broke up he still managed to control me. That's why I love you, you're so special and everything I need, you're the only person I've dated that I said I love you and meant it. You're the best thing that ever happened to me." I pause for just a moment Loki looks at me speechless. But I could see the anger in his eyes, it was mixed with sadness.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you. Do you want to cancel the party," he says, concerned. "Anything you want, baby."

I shake my head. I want a party. I just don't know how to respond. He treats me so differently. So right. Tears and tears start to come out. I don't know why, maybe I just found the right person, the perfect person. He grabs me confused and heartfelt, laying me down on the bed with him. Meatball comes and lays on our laps. I laugh under the cry.

"Just let it out, I'll get him." I could hear his voice. Nothing but rage but he hides it for me.

"Please don't, everything he did was my fault."

"What are you talking about? You are the most amazing person, nothing is your fault. Ever. I won't look for him since I can't leave but once we leave Asgard, I will kill him."

He's being nothing but serious. It's a relief but I still can't explain why I feel bad for Jack.

I pet the cat. What a beautiful cat. I sniffle up my nose. And get up going to the restroom to fix my makeup. "I'm ready," I say.