Chapter 16

Sorry for the wait, I lose track of time. 

Loki's POV.

These last few months have been a blur. I don't even want to leave anymore. I mean I do but I want her to come with me. Maya's birthday is today. I got lucky tonight Maya is sleeping in her room. It's early morning. Luckily Maya doesn't wake till noon. Maya has been fussing over this for the past month. I go to Thor's room and wake him up.

"Thor."

"What?" he says in his morning voice.

"We need to go to earth."

"Why." he gets up.

"I need to get Maya's gift." I pause. "And did you invite your friends?"

"Yes, I already did. And fine dont pull anything funny when we get there."

"Ok. I'll meet you at the bridge."

"Ok."

I go to the royal hall and tell the servants.

"This room better be ready for Maya's birthday within two hours."

"Yes sir." one of them says. I nod at their response.

I made it to Heimdall by teleporting. And Thor nearly seconds after.

"Are you ready?" Heimdall asks Thor.

"Yes," he responds. The portal opens.

And we both step in. Making it to earth.

"So what's her gift?" he asked me.

"A cat."

"A cat?"

"Yes, do you know where we can get one?" I asked him.

"Yes. follow me."

I followed him to a 'pet store'.  We walk in.

"Yes?" the lady asked me.

"Where can I get a cat?" I asked the lady. She turns to Thor and I see her eyes pop.

"THOR. OMG CAN I GET A PICTURE?" She looks at Thor and doesn't answer me.

"Of course." he smiles while taking a picture with her. I roll my eyes.

"Now answer my brother," he says to her.

"My bad sorry. Follow me." She takes us to the room.

There were so many options. Mostly all of the kittens were together. One was alone in one of the crates a tiny black kitten couldn't be more than three months old.

"Why is this one alone?" I asked her. I see Thor playing with some of the other cats.

"He's not people-friendly," she responds.

"Can I see him out of the crate?"

"Of course but be warned." She opened the kennel.

I grabbed the kitten and he cuddled up in my arms.

"Not people friendly huh." I look at her. "We'll take him."

"Ok right this way." She gives us a crate to take him back.

"It's on the house," she winks at Thor. He didn't acknowledge it.

"Thank you," I say. We walk out.

"Isn't he cute," I say to Thor.

"The cutest." He goes to pet him and the cat hisses at him. I laugh. We put the cat in the crate. It's up to Maya to name him. Thor calls out to Heimdall. Back to Asgard.

"Thor. I appreciate it."

"You're welcome, brother."

I look at the main hall and it's perfect. I just need to tell them what food to make. It has to be her favorite. She should get up in thirty minutes. I need to get the cat situated for her. It will be the first thing she sees.

"Can you please make spaghetti and meatballs?" I ask.

"Right away," they say.

I bought a bed and food for the cat. And some toys and some clothes and a cat tower. Maybe I got carried away. But who cares. I sneaked into her room and set up the cat's bed and food bowls. I left the cat in the crate. Just for now. I go up to her and shake her arm.

She opens her eyes tiredly and sits up.

"Happy birthday love." I went and gave her a kiss.

"Thank you, let me brush my teeth first, that's so embarrassing." she laughs.

She walks to the restroom not noticing the cat stuff. Too tired too. She brushes her teeth and rinses her face. I can hear her. I quickly put the cat crate on her bed. Waiting for her to come out. She finally comes out and her face lights up looking around her room.

"NO WAY." She runs up to me and hugs me. "Thank you so so much. Best birthday gift I've ever gotten."

She goes up to the kitten. And takes him out of the crate. "Hi, baby. Mamas here." She lifts him and the cat cuddles her back. Guess he found his people. She's holding him like a baby. She comes up to me and kisses me, still holding the cat.

"What are you going to name him? He's yours"

"I think Meatball, and he's ours."

I smile at her words.

"That's a perfect name for him."

"I love you."

"What?" I say in disbelief.

"I love you," she responds by repeating her words.

I'm in awe of her words. What feels like has never been said to me. The best person to say it.

"I love you too," I say words I never thought I would say to someone. "I love you," I say once more. I look at her and she's almost tearing up.

She laughs just a bit. She puts down Meatball, allowing him to play.

She hugs me without letting go.

"I fucking love you," telling her in all trueness.

"I love you too, Loki."

"The guests will be here in about four hours. Let's go eat, they made your favorite,"

She smiled while taking my hand.

"Can we take Meatball?"

"Of course, he's a part of the family." I see him get up and follow us.

We made it to the dining hall. And we see Thor, Odin, and Frigga.

"Happy Birthday Maya!" they all say.

"Thank you so much!" she says. She goes to hug all of them. I sit down and so does she. Meatball is sitting next to me. She eats a whole plate of spaghetti faster than I've ever seen. Yeah, that's definitely her favorite.