Chapter 14

Loki and I discussed trying to make our friendship believable and natural. So that's what we are going to do for the next month. I went to the main room which is basically the living room. I missed breakfast and lunch. But I don't mind. I go up to Frigga.

"You look lovely Frigga."

"Thank you, as always you do too." she responds. And i mouth 'thank you'

I wave to Odin and he waves back. I see Thor.

"Hey. Do you have any chess boards."

"Oh yeah Loki has a lot. You can play with him."

"Oh ok, thank you." I turn and see Loki sitting on the table looking at me. This is the perfect opportunity to make this look natural.

"Wanna play chess with me." I asked him.

"Of course," he responds with a smile of his. I sat in front of him. And the chess board along with pieces appear on the table. This man will be the death of me.

"CHECK MATE," he yells with a smile. Making everyone look at us. I heard someone say 'is Loki laughing.' I ignored it.

"I literally do not understand this at all." i say.

"Don't worry you'll get it."

"Yeah right."

We continue to play.

"So are you going to do anything for your birthday?" he asked me.

"Nothing, I don't think. I don't really care for it."

"Oh why not?"

"It's just not the same without my mom. Thor and the team usually just get me a cake and sing happy birthday. And call it a day."

"Your mother, she passed away right."

"Yeah, car accident."

"My condolences."

"Thank you, I'm just glad I got to know her."

"I'm sure she was a lovely person," he says.

"She was. The most beautiful and kind soul ever."

"From what I'm hearing she sounds a lot like you. And your father?"

He always finds a way to make me blush. "Thank you, but he's a deadbeat."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's alright I didn't need him, I have Tony now." he nods at my response, he's not prying but i'd like to know more about him.

"What is your favorite food?" he asks me.

"Spaghetti and meatballs." I responded, "And yours?"

"Lamb Chops." he responds.

"So how old are you really?" I asked him.

"Why would you ask that," he laughs.

"I need an answer." I smile.

"1070."

I gasp.

"No way." I pause. "I mean I knew you were old. But saying it out louds sounds so weird."

"Yeah."

"So what do you do all these years?"

"Get laid." he says. I slap his arm. "What, do you want me to lie?"

"Yeah. A little bit." I responded with a little smile.

Thor comes up to us and puts his arm around my shoulder. I see Loki's smile go down, I can't tell if he's jealous or just doesn't like Thor. Either way it's still funny.