Chapter 9

Who does he think he is, twisted prick? He's not my boyfriend.

"Hey, Maya" Thor looks around, "Um am I interrupting something."

"No Thor, sorry I just woke up" I made a confused face and looked up. "Oh yeah, Lion's mane."

"Just wanted to say I think we might take a trip to Earth with Loki."

"Really I want to see Peter and Tony. Wait, Loki? You think it's a good idea to bring him back."

"It's only a day trip. And I think you would be tired of not wearing your own clothes."

I get up, "Fine I'll get ready. 30 mins maybe?"

"Ok talk to you in a bit." Thor closes the door.

I never realized how heavy these clothes are once they're off you. The waters already steaming, perfect. The water feels so nice hitting my back. I run my fingers through my soapy hair.

"Maya"

I quickly throw the curtain around me. "Loki oh my god get out please"

"Whatever you say" he walks out.

"Geez," I say as I turn the water off. I wrap a towel around my chest and stomp out of the shower.

"I thought I told you to leave." I look at Loki sitting on my bed.

"No worries M, I will"

"Yes worries, M? what you're not calling me that. Only my friends call me that."

"What would you prefer, Darling?"

I make this confused face "Yes I would actually. Not the point here. What do you need."

"I'm going to Earth and I obviously need a guardian."

"No." I cross my arms "You have Thor, I want to see my friends not be a babysitter."

"Fine, I'll guess I will just ruin the city again"

"Haha very funny. Fine. Just don't do anything stupid." I walk up to my dresser to put on some clothes I brought. "Now leave, I have to get dressed. And lock the door please."

"Ok, I will be good," Loki walks out with a smirk.

I quickly get dressed... And hear someone at the door.

"Yes"

"It's Thor, are you ready? We need to go."

I leave my hair down and open the door. "Alright"

We make it to the Bifrost bridge. Ready for Heimdall to take us to Earth, Loki in cuffs walking next to us.

Thor grabs on to Loki and all of us jump in.

"Earth how I missed you."

"Don't like Asgard Maya?" he asks.

"I do Thor of course just want to see some friends" I see Loki roll his eyes.

We make it to the Avengers tower.

"MAYA" I see Peter run towards me and trample me into a hug.

"Hey Peter," I say with a big smile.

"Hey kid, no one told me you would be back so soon," Tony says as he shakes my hand.

"It's just for a day and I have some company" I gesture my hands to the door.

Thor and Loki walk in making everyone's faces drop.

"Hey, I heard Maya was here!" Steve and the rest of the team walk in and immediately look at Loki. "What is he doing here?"

"Care to explain Maya?" Tony makes a disapproving face at me.

"Hey, this has nothing to do with me. I told Thor." I say as I scrunch my lips and put my hands up.

"Thor?" Steve asks.

"No need to worry my friends, he is no longer like that," Thor says with a proud smile.

"If I may add, that is very true," Loki tells the team. I look at him, gesturing him to shut up.

"Because I trust Maya, you can stay in her room while Peter watches you." I see him look at Peter. Peter honestly went pale. I couldn't help but chuckle under my breath.

"Thank you, Mr. Stark. I will watch him after I catch up with everyone." I walk over to the rest of the group.

Steve and Nat have always been good to me ever since I met them. I honestly think they are like platonic soulmates. They are always flirting. I and the group catch up.

Loki's POV

I see Maya and Thor walk off to talk to their friends. And I'm left with one of her friends. I promised Maya I would be good. This is how I earn her trust. Her room is simple. He made me sit on the chair while he sat on the bed. I still have cuffs on, unfortunately.

"So you-u and Maya are friends." He's intimidated by me. I like it.

"Yes," I answer. "Well, at least I think so. Who would want to miss out on me."

I stare at him, while he stares at me. "Do you have a problem with me?"

He scoffs.

"Yeah I do ac-"

Maya walks in. I see him staring at her like a puppy.

"Maya, we were just talking." I interrupt him as he is about to get up.

She goes to sit down next to him. "Oh."

"I told everyone that your safe for now so don't pull anything dumb."

"I assure you I won't," I told her with a small smile.

She looks a little confused. Makes me laugh in my head.

One of her friends walks in, the soldier. He tries to hide his judgy face, but he doesn't succeed. Obviously or else I wouldn't have fucking noticed it.