C̶̻͇͙̝̉h̡̪̣̜͎̰̉͗̓ȃ͍̗̬̦̖̥͍͂͠p̧̖̯͙̣̔t̢͍̪̱͙̭̺͚̩̚̚e̸̜̦ͧ͐̿r̩͕͙̦̽̑̀?̲̫̪̻͔̲̍͗́̀ͅ

Začít od začátku

"Joseph-" Mary called his husband to stop, but he brought his hand to her face.

Joseph stopped as he looked at his wife, "I do not raise a loser in this house," he looked at Wayne with disgust on his face, "how does it feel to lose to a kid with glasses and braces?"

I saw Wayne's hand trembling, "I- I'm sorry."

"Tsk, pathetic. Get your ass in your room, now!" Joseph's tone startled everyone in the room.

Including Kinsley and me.

With tears in his eyes, Wayne ran towards the stairs to his room.

"Joseph! You can't do that to your son," Mary fumed at Joseph, but he didn't even make a face at her comment. Instead, he pounds the table with his fist. The sound of the smacking echoed around the room.

"This is my house, my rules. You live under my roof, and I expect you to follow!" Joseph said, "you don't tell me how to discipline my son."

"He is also my son, Joseph!" Mary stood up and threw her napkins to the table. She stomped towards the stairs and, I'm guessing, saw her son, "you didn't even ask about his injuries," I heard her say before disappearing upstairs.

"That was..." clearly; I had nothing to say about what I saw.

"So, this dream is about Wayne now?" Kinsley asks.

"Yeah. We're about to learn his back story," I said as I circled Joseph. He's now eating alone.

"Is this how he learns that a man is always strong?" Kinsley asked me, but I was confused by her question, "I mean, he chose a man to continue his business. He didn't even consider Joy, as a woman, to continue his business because a man is better."

"I don't think that makes sense," I said.

I thought that' was the only thing I'd see this night. But no, I was wrong.

'1986'

Suddenly in environment shifts again. This time, we're in a bedroom, and it's huge. This must be Wayne's room. But, he doesn't have any wallpaper like any other boys—everything, including his king-size bed, is antique. I could say that Joseph is richer than Wayne.

The door opened, and I saw Wayne stomping his foot loudly as he threw his duffel bag on the floor, "for fuck sake!" he cursed. He was still wearing his football uniform. He lay on his bed and put his hand on his eyes while catching his breath.

Wayne looked older this time. His hair color is getting darker, "Did we just switch to another memory?" I asked.

The door opened for the second time. Joseph entered the room with no expression.

"Shit, you can't take another memory," Kinsley said.

"Can you take me out of here?!" I was starting to get panic.

"I can't," Kinsley approached me and held my shoulders, "don't worry, relax. We'll think of something."

"Get up," Joseph's stern voice startled us.

"I will," the high schooler Wayne answered.

"Now," Joseph walked towards the bed and pulled Wayne by the collar of his clothes, "Is this how you handle yourself when you're not chosen to be the football team's captain? Man up, Son!"

Wayne just stood silent as his father screamed to his face.

"I never raise you to be a loser. You look fucking pathetic right now," Joseph said and laughed bitterly.