Chapter 14: "She's crazy."

The worst thing that happened was waking up on Monday morning, and I had to deal with Lydia's crap if I bumped into her. The thing is, I feel guilty. Why? I don't know. Is it wrong if I stayed with my ex's friend? Maybe if I talked about this with my parents, I'd feel better.

"Good morning, Honey," my mom greeted as she kissed my head. I muttered morning to her.

"Claude, no despair on the table," my dad asked as he drank his coffee, "thanks to you, my coffee now tastes bitter."

"I'm not," I said as I munched down my bacon, "What's with the cheery attitude, dad?"

"But, this is who I am," my dad spread his arms wide.

"What's wrong, honey? Did something happen?" my mom asked as she sat next to dad.

"How did you know something happened to me?" I asked my mother.

"Parents instinct," my mom's short answer explains it all. Well, she finally dropped the question might as well tell them the truth.

"Mom, dad. I have a confession to make," I said as I put both of my hands on my thigh.

My dad choked on his coffee and settled his newspaper on the table, "You're pregnant?!"

"What- No!" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Charles, she can't get pregnant. She's gay, remember?" my mom added.

"Oh, thank God. I almost got a heart attack," My dad brushed his chest.

"Can I talk now?" I raised an eyebrow, and they went silent, "I lied when I said I was sleeping at Jessie's house, and I'm sorry-"

"What?" they asked in unison.

I raise my hands to stop them from talking, "-I went to a party, but I caught Lydia cheating on me."

"Aw, honey," my mom stood up and hugged me.

"You're not mad at me?"

"Trust me, we are," my mom answered and nodded, "but I'm sorry to hear she cheated on you. I know you didn't deserve that," my mom said.

I sighed, "It's just- I didn't expect her to cheat on me in the same party, like, can't she just do it in another place?"

"It's still wrong, honey," my mom muttered.

"Good point, but still. I thought she loved me," I said as I tried to fight my tears from falling.

"She did love you. But, she changed, and we don't understand why," my dad said, "if she truly loves you and she changed her whole appearance, it shouldn't affect her love towards you."

"Your dad's right, honey," my mom said while stroking my hair.

"For example, your mom changed her personality, but her love towards me didn't," my dad said as he drank his coffee.

"What do you mean about that?" I asked.

"Charles, no," my mom raised her finger, but it didn't bother him.

My dad leaned closer as he sat on the edge of his chair, "your mom was a rebel. Let's say your mon knows her way around the boys, but she falls in love with me and decides to have you."

"Really?" I asked as I found it fascinating because my mom was always the strict one.

"Do you even know how I met your mother?" My dad covered his mouth and whispered loudly, "my friend was throwing me a beer, but your mom caught it," he said and shrugged at my mom, "that's how I met your mother."

"Is that true?" I looked up to my mom.

"Noo..." my mom cut her eyes at my dad as he hides behind his coffee, "the point is, it's okay if she's not your true love. You'll find one eventually."