Chapter 16: "She's awfully close today."

"Press the shutter button, and you're done. For example," Jessie took the camera to her eyes and pushed the shutter. The flash blinds me a little bit, and then she gives me an analog camera.

"Whoa, what film are you using?" I asked as I examined the old camera. It's an Olympus MJU. I heard they're good.

"The best of the best, Cinestill 800T," Jessie answered with a smug on her face.

I pursed my lips and nodded in amusement, "damn. Isn't it like, expensive?"

"Don't worry. I use the organization's money, so it didn't bother me much," Jessie said as she gave me another film roll, "if you're out of the film, I have one more."

"Damn, Jess. You waste 30 dolars for a Cinestill. I think Kodak is better," I said, knowing this would make Jessie mad.

"Are you kidding me?" Jessie asked in disbelief, "say the person who knows nothing about photography. You have no voice, my friend."

I laughed at my friend. Tonight my job is to take a picture of the students while enjoying their night to remember. I don't know why Jessie asked me to help her instead of asking the juniors to help.

As I took a bunch of pictures inside the gym. I went outside to take a picture while the students walked down the hall. I walked down the hallway. As I reached the entrance door, I saw a limousine and many people walking out. I'm assuming it's the cheerleaders with their dates. While they were walking out of the car, I took a picture of them as they thought a paparazzi was stalking them.

Then the Queen of the cheerleader's team came out of the car, and I instantly pressed the shutter without looking at the camera. She looks stunning in her black slit dress with her hair tied into a bun nicely. Simple yet looking seductive. She walked towards me and lifted my chin upwards, "close your mouth, Harris. You might catch a fly."

"Joy! Oh my lord, you look gorgeous!" Jessie chimed beside me, which brought me back from my daydream.

"Do I? I didn't think this dress was suitable for homecoming," Joy said as she chuckled nervously.

"Are you kidding? Your outfit is better than everyone in the school combined!" Jessie exclaimed as the others stared at her, "no offense, guys. You all look good today," Jessie raised her hands and went over to Joy to hug her.

"You look gorgeous too, Jessie," Joy complimented my friend. Jessie is wearing a green emerald mini dress, and I am wearing grey plaid pants and a white button-up shirt. I didn't wear a dress today cause I thought it was a hassle since it's just a homecoming. I'll try a dress at prom.

"How do I look?" Joy turned her attention to me.

"Twirl for me," I said as I made a circular gesture with my finger. She twirls her body so I can take a good look at her appearance. I hummed and put my hand on my chin.

"Just say the word, Claude," Jessie rolled her eyes as she got impatient.

"You look hot," I said in the middle of my cough.

"Come again?" Joy raises an eyebrow.

"I said-" as I was about to repeat my answer. I saw Lydia coming from the limousine with her hand hooked on Cain's, walking towards the door. She gave me a smirk when she walked passed me. I saw a familiar necklace Lydia was wearing, the padlock necklace. Why does she wear the necklace from her ex when she is with her date?

"Dude, she wears the necklace from you," Jessie said as she nudged my arm, "you didn't take a picture of them, did you?"

"Of course not," I said as I turned my attention to my friends.