Eventually, these small steps resulted into big ones, helping the younger form working study habits which were wonderfully reflected by her marks.

Gaeul traced her fingertips along the edges of her own book, smiling at a memory of Liz holding up a green binder that showcased her test papers. A proud, red 'A' was either stamped or written on each paper while she then showed off a grin that could possibly outshine the currently setting sun, with its orange and pink hues blending in the distance.

Liz did that all on her own, Gaeul told her so, and that she had been there only to keep watch of the former.

But she looked over to the opposite end of the table and saw that Liz was still frowning to herself, looking distracted. 

"Pigs have the right to see the sky.." She muttered in despair.

"How about I share another fact?" Gaeul gently offered.

Liz perked up immediately.

"Did you know that a snail can sleep for three years?"

She would either laugh, smile in wonder, or widen her eyes. It always helped to stave off the frustration of being stuck inside for some reading. 

"I didn't even know they lived that long!"

Gaeul decided to put her random facts to good use.

"Some of the larger ones live for around a decade," The older said, happy to see that Liz was beginning to relax again, "Ah. How about this one," She set down her pen, deciding now was a good time to take a break anyway, "sea otters hold hands when they sleep so they don't float away from one another."

"Aw, that is adorable!"

So was the way she had pressed her hands against her cheek, eyes widening in excitement, but Gaeul would rather keep that to herself.

"Did you know that butterflies have gustatory receptors at the bottom of their feet?"

"You mean they taste with their feet?" Liz tilted her head to the side in question, blinking for a second, then shrugged, "that's valid."

The reaction made Gaeul chuckle. Notes forgotten, she felt the stiff muscles of her own shoulders grow less stiff and she found it easier to breathe at the sound of Liz laughing with her.

Did you know that whenever you laugh...

She watched gently as Liz shared her own favorite facts from her grandmother back in Jeju. 

She was so vivid, so alive, and the late afternoon sun and the scattered leaves at their feet only served to emphasize how lovely Kim Jiwon looked from her perspective.

...my heart jumps the slightest bit?

"We're getting a bit sidetracked. Yah, Jiwon-ssi" Gaeul prodded the conversation back towards studying, now using her 'Strict Unnie Voice' the rest of IVE know all too well"just a little more, c'mon."

Liz pouted and sulked, "One more? Please, unnie?"

Gaeul hummed for a while, contemplating whether or not use that one 'fact'.

"Did you know that you can't move your eyebrows when you smile?"

"Jinjja?!" Liz blinked, and immediately (as Gaeul expected) she flashed the older the brightest, most breathtaking of smiles. 

It looked a little funny when she began to wiggle her eyebrows, and Gaeul couldn't help the snicker that broke through.

"Yaaah. Unnie! That wasn't a fact!"

"Nope, 'fraid it's not~" Gaeul was still hiding her grin behind her hand, reaching out to brush their fingers together forf half a second.

With fondness in her heart, she chuckled,

"I just wanted to see you smile."

______

word count: 

957

lizeul lowkey kinda my comfort ship,,

tzumeo mayhaps wanted this to be a bit spicy-

but cmoooon, liz said it herself she comes to gaeul when she wants to vent how can i not make a soff chap ~ :<

look at em <33

(still) 3 one shots pending . . .