Chapter 65: Written In The Stars

Start from the beginning

ϟ Silas ϟ

I hum in satisfaction when I see that everything is arranged. Hopefully, mi amore won't faint from seeing me.

I got a text from my men that they saw her enter one of my mother's friend's wedding dresses shop.

I told them that they should wait in the cars until she was done, not wanting them to know how the dress looks.

I already took care of my stuff, buying a suit that I know will match Maeve's dress.

I still have to buy rings for the wedding though but that's not difficult, perhaps I should by an even more expensive ring than the one she had now.

I'm brought back to reality when my phone rings, I instantly accept the call when I see Maeve's name popping on the screen.

"Hello, mi amore." Her voice has a hint of happiness in it and it makes me sigh, I thought that I had to call every fucking security guard for her...

"Hi, principessa.[princess]" I smirk, knowing that she's probably growing red by the new nickname.

"Uh-," I hear her clear her throat, told you so.

"I'm calling you to say that I just tried out a few dresses." She speaks, recollecting herself as I lean my back against my car.

"Mhm, have you found something you like?" I question, wanting to hear her voice that's like music to my ears.

"Not yet, but I really liked this one dress. I'm just going to see if there are any prettier dresses." She chuckles, most likely wanting me to be jealous because I'm not there with her.

If only she knew.

"I bet you look great in anything you wear," I tell her, the impatient side of me wanting to see how fucking gorgeous she looks in those dresses.

She sighs, "I'll call you later? Isa and Leah are probably waiting for me to show them the other dresses."

"Of course, tesoro. I'll call you." I reassure her as we say goodbye, hanging up the phone.

She has no idea.

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

He's right. He is a good liar. Great even.

I knew I wasn't overthinking, how? Well, I came to that conclusion when I made eye contact with some men in a few black cars.

As soon as they saw me looking at them they started to panic, looking away from me quickly.

He actually send his security after me? I mean it's kinda hot and kind, but creepy.

I do understand why he did it.

Let's ignore the part where I secretly hoped he himself would be here instead of his security.

"What do we think of this one?" I push my thoughts away, showing Isabella and Leah the red dress I'm wearing.