「 a very long and unedited description 」

483 words

⚠️ contains spoilers for a lot of Ninjago

YOU ARE IN A RACE AGAINST TIME. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION AND YOU MIGHT UNRAVEL THE SECRET BEFORE THE STORY IS OVER—BEFORE HE KNOWS IT AND DESTROYS IT.

Everyone has heard stories of how the Ninja repeatedly protected Ninjago from various foes. Everyone listens word for word and ends up admiring and appreciating them—like every other foolish Ninjargon citizen does—even when it's acknowledged that they inflict millions of dollars in damage while 'saving' the city. Not to mention, how many times Ninjago has almost fallen under their watch? Nonetheless, they are still regarded as the greatest heroes, with each story glorifying their heroic deeds. But, if you were given the opportunity to hear events from the perspective of a villain—the villain who always gets away—would you listen? Would you stay to hear what I have to say?

. . .

SOMETIMES, THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO CAN'T HELP BUT DEFY THE WRITERS OF DESTINY. THAT'S NOT THEIR FATE, THAT'S THEIR DESTINY—THEIR CHOICE.

All her life, Harumi has known nothing except hatred for the Green Ninja and how to maintain the perfect façade. Everything from being royalty to the Quiet One to the Crystal King's loyal servant was all just masks—none of them her true self. Of course, it's difficult to not miss that a good chunk of her life had been just a script she meticulously added to each and every day. But it's easy to overlook that with each thick wall she wraps around her heart, the Real Harumi Identity slips farther and farther away.

One day, Harumi awakens to discover she has lost all meaning in her life. Her sole purpose, revenge, no longer had worth. She had done what she believed would make her whole, but it had only made her feel more empty. As a result, she embarks on a quest to find some form of meaning, and unfortunately for her, that mission takes her back to the one person she wanted to avoid—Lloyd Garmadon, the Green Ninja.

Time is running out for the former Jade Princess. To make matters even more pressing, trying to integrate back into society without self-conception, avoiding her only source of help, and being one of the most wanted and dangerous criminals of all time makes it a next-to-impossible task. And, being the infamous villain she is, karma—like her former partners-in-crime turned enemies—lurks around every corner.

Faced with a dilemma, Harumi has to make the choice between staying "evil" and empty or turning to her nemesis—who by the way, can't know the secret she's hiding, or else the world could go... boom! With Ninjago on the brink of falling into permanent destruction, the clock ain't just ticking for the Quiet One; it's ticking for you too. Everyone has secrets to protect, and fate has chosen you as its last hope—the one who will hear the secret and guard it. So what do you say? Let's backtrack shall we, hm?