Chapter 20: Back to school.

Start from the beginning

"Shit, sorry man" she said

"Nahhh, it's cool" I said with a wave of my arm.

The bell finally rang for a break after a series of boring classes. "It seems like the education system hasn't changed" I muttered as the students rushed out of class.

"Don't forget Kayla!" I heard Beckett yell.

"Yeahhh-" she echoed in the hallway.

"Hey Tom, got a minute?" Beckett said, calling my attention.

"Y-yeah" I said, playing the act.

"I have told Kayla to meet me at the field, behind the bleachers. Ryuuki and Delai are also ready to move. Follow her, till she meets me at the field, we can't risk anything now" Beckett said with worry hinting in his voice.

"I guess I will pour my anger concerning my naming later" I muttered, thinking about Beckett's worried expression. I followed Kayla through the hallway, applying a few stealth skills that Ryuuki taught me. I followed her to her locker, where she seemed to be reading a letter.

It was obvious how worried she was after reading the letter. And her eyes hinted she was contemplating something. After a few minutes, she started walking towards the basketball court, as if she was looking for someone.

She waited for a few moments till a white-haired guy came into view, a guy I knew too well, it was the sniper from the hospital.

"Shit, shit, shit" I said, nervously sending SOS messages to Beckett. Thankfully, he replied almost immediately.

"Shit, that's bad. Is he alone?" Beckett replied.

Now that I looked closer, the sniper was with a super muscular guy and pink-haired girls that looked alike. "Some pink-haired girls and a muscular guy are with them" I texted back with shaky hands, watching Kayla and the sniper talk.

"Shit, those freak twins are there too? I'm coming with Ryuuki and Delai, buy some time till we arrive, okay?" Beckett replied. I read Beckett's message, twice then three times more.

"How should I buy time?!!" I texted back

"I wouldn't tell you do it if you couldn't, think of something, anything!" Beckett replied.

"You can do this Tom. Shit, I'm calling myself Tom now. I just have to think of something right?!!!" I said to myself, nervously shaking.

"No, I can do this, I have to save- what's her name? was it Kaitlin?" I searched for the paper I wrote her name on, "I have to save Kayla, I have to" I said to myself, taking deep breaths, till I had an idea, an idea that had to work.

"Hey Kayla, got a minute?" I said with the calmest tone I could muster, leaving my hiding place.

"Y-yeah Tom, just give me a moment" she said nervously.

"I-it can't wait!" I yelled in response. I wasn't sure at that point if she was going to live till that moment she spoke of.

"O-okay" she said with the same nervous tone, walking towards me. The sniper stared at me intently, like he was pissed at me. "This mask is literally separating me from death right now" I thought.

"What's up Tom?" Kayla asked, visibly confused.

"You have to trust me please, those guys are here to kill you, Beckett asked me to tell you that" I said quickly, so the Anti-blinks couldn't read my lips.

"I kinda got the kidnapping vibe from them though, wearing a suit, with black gloves to a school, has always been the kidnapping starter kit" she said with a nervous chuckle.